Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996 E320 Mercedes Benz
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'96 E320 WDBJF55F9TJ003201

I've done everything humanly possible to make sure its the switch.. its the switch . I don't have the money to replace, right yet, so i need to find a way, if possible, to jump the switch and make the window roll up until i can afford the new switch..

can this be done??:bowdown:
a very hot and muggy merc owner! :mad:

·
Registered
E250 Bluetec Sprinter250 Bluetec
37,003 Posts
Front of rear? Your rear has no speed function, so that should be safe to jump, but if front has the speed function - you are jumping computer controlled circuit. Not a good thing.

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL(RIP),1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
1,936 Posts
I havent disassembled these switches but cant you use a switch from a different window?

Thats what I did when my 126 window switch gave out.

I thought I remember hearing that in order to replace one switch all must be replaced since it came on a bracket..correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
1999 E320 Black on Black
162 Posts
I wanted to try to bypass the canbus and see if I could wire up the window motor to a switch and make it work like the good old days. Never got the chance, so maybe you can try it. Otherwise, no you can't.

Probably best to have it verified with an SDS type scanner, before dropping the bucks on a lower control panel, or worse, hacking up wiring that you know nothing about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts