Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2001 C320
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last February 20, 2005 I took my car in for a service-b and a squeaky drivers seat. The seat literally had to be rebuilt. So the dealer had to special order the parts from Germany. Most of the parts trickled in within two weeks, except the seat pad. the pad finally came in yesterday, May 3, 2005. Two and a half months later. I did keep in touch with my service advisor weekly, so the matter would not fall between the cracks.

Has anyone else had to wait an abnormal amount of time for a part to come from Germany?

·
Registered
2001 C320
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My service advisor never said exactly what was wrong with the seat, except that the whole thing had to be rebuilt.

One clue of this happen last August, when we went to the mountains. As I was driving through the curves, I noticed my seat sliding just a little bit, this never happened in city driving. Then around Christmas I started to notice my seat squeeking when I sat down or when I went over dips in the road. So I brought the issue up when the car went it for servicing.

·
Registered
2004.5 C 230K SS
69 Posts
MJ50 and anyone else,

I had this problem with my seat squeaking. I first thought it was my center console - but then I pinpointed it was my seat. I really only noticed the noise at speeds below 25mph and when the car was turning.

Well, thanks to this forum, I found the problem after my service department could not: the position of the seat.

I am tall, 6'5", and I have the seat all the way back and slammed as low as possible. If you just raise the seat a little bit, viola, the squeak is gone!

I found this out while reading in the SLK forums. Here is the link for more descriptions and others who have had this problem.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1204255&posts=27&hl=shortest

I hope this helps someone :)

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
yeah - thank s for the tip...mine is not all the way back, or down...but if it starts to squeek ill adjust it...

for my old w123 when the plastic does sqeek against the seat . - i use a small amount of food grade silicon spray lubricant and it stops....lasts a few months...

good deal
jake

·
Registered
2004.5 C 230K SS
69 Posts
KompressorJon,

Glad the seat-adjustment-heads-up helps. I raised my seat just a little bit and the squeaking was completely gone!

I even took my car to the service department since the squeaking was driving me nuts and I got the classic "problem could not be duplicated". Of course it could not be duplicated since my service tech must have been 5'5", hence my seat was hugging the steering wheel when I picked it up.

I am glad this helped![:)]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts