Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
C 240 02'
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What i mean to say is, I have a 2002 C240, and Id like to upgrade my engine to a C 55 AMG or C32 AMG.

I'm not sure if that's possible with Benz's, so can anyone give me their opinion about this, and if it's possible where could I find a engine ?lol

·
Registered
E250 Bluetec Sprinter250 Bluetec
37,298 Posts
This is what AMG department is doing.
From what I know on the side of putting more powerful engine, they beef-up the suspension, but better wheels, better brakes and lot of additional gadgets.
Don't think I would like much more powerful engine without adequate brakes to stop it.
Money pit.

·
Registered
C 240 02'
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol im trying to get the engine ..it can be used..aslong as it doesnt have over 40 k miles on it..

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
You'll need to beef up your transmission, get bigger brakes, get a better handling suspension, and lot of electronics.

·
Registered
C 240 02'
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol dont worry bout my budget ;) just iunno what all imma need if i wanna put that engine and shit in it

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Big Aleks said:
lol dont worry bout my budget ;) just iunno what all imma need if i wanna put that engine and shit in it
The reason he politely asked, big baller, is because it doesn't make much sense to take a rock bottom econobenz and drop $20,000 of upgrades into it. Sell it and buy an AMG.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I think it's a bad idea. Buy an AMG that was built to be one in the first place.

·
Outstanding Contributor
2002 ML320, 2003 A160, 2002 ML500, 2018 GLS350d
4,435 Posts
Big Aleks said:
... Id like to upgrade my engine to a C 55 AMG or C32 AMG.

... if it's possible where could I find a engine ?lol
The best place to find an engine is inside a C32 AMG. You buy that one and sell your C240.

Of course, you could buy the C32 AMG, then pay a mechanic to swap over the engine, brakes, transmission, suspension, trim and badges to your old car. But what would be the point of that?

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Big Aleks said:
ahh so just putting a engine in it wouldnt such a good idea?
I think you finally got the point.

·
Outstanding Contributor
4,435 Posts
Big Aleks said:
ahh so just putting an engine in it wouldnt such a good idea?
Ummmm, ... no.

"Not such a good idea" would be an understatement.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
The only way this would ever be a good idea, is if you bought a scale model of an AMG car and put it in your glove compartment.

Just buy a true AMG, or hell, get it tuned by Brabus if you have the cash.

·
Outstanding Contributor
4,435 Posts
In that case, buy the C32 AMG, then just swap over the badges and aero kit so it looks like a C240. You might need to buy new C240 badges if you want to sell it. Unless you can find someone like yourself who wants to look good in a C32 AMG that goes like a C240.

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
well you can improve some power on the cheap by supercharging your engine. It wouldnt be that cheap but still more practical and cost efficient than trying to open mini-amg workshop in your backyard.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Big Aleks said:
only reason i wanted to do this is so ppl dont know its a AMG engine..lol
Would you please go out to your garage for a minute and make sure you have a C240 and not a......oh, I dunno...Chevy Citation.
The only visual difference, lest ye pop the hood, is the badging. I understand the sleeper concept for maybe a Camaro or a 'Stang but an MB?

·
Registered
C 240 02'
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
theboss said:
well you can improve some power on the cheap by supercharging your engine. It wouldnt be that cheap but still more practical and cost efficient than trying to open mini-amg workshop in your backyard.

lol that sounds funny "mini amg workshop in your backyard" lol but where can i get performance upgrades for c240 cause i cant find em anywhere?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts