Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'05 C230K SS, Delta Tau Chi Deathmobile/Parade Float
24 Posts
I know that Memorex CD-R's have worked fine for me in both the HU single slot player and my 6-disc changer.

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan
74 Posts
I use TDK disks....and they work most of the time

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz B170 2007
48 Posts
I used data-safe disk yesterday and it doesn't work. It said wrong CD!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2007 Mars Red C230
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that Memorex CD-R's have worked fine for me in both the HU single slot player and my 6-disc changer.
Ok, I tried some cheap ass brand today.. (Computer Essentials) Anyway it just sits there on track 1. no errors.. nothing plays..

The manual says the single slot HU only does CD's whereas the Changer supports MP3..

It is truly confirmed that the single slot HU will play them but I just need a good CD? I'll go get a pack of Memorex if so..

·
Registered
74 Posts
I used data-safe disk yesterday and it doesn't work. It said wrong CD!
ya I go that too, so then I just like re-burned the CD and now it works fine (in the CDC and in the single slot)

The manual says the single slot HU only does CD's whereas the Changer supports MP3
I burned a disk on a TDK disk and it works in the single slot and the CDC, but the first time it said "wrong disk". So I re-burned the disk and it works fine now

on another audio note.......does anyone else's radio get crappy and like random reception?

·
Registered
74 Posts
um....I use like Sonic Media er sumtin.....idk it came with the comp.

·
Registered
C280 2008, C180 Kompressor 2006 (SOLD), C230 Kompressor 1999, 190E 1986 (SOLD), 240D 1982 (SOLD).
64 Posts
mine is a 06 and ive tried about 4 times and no luck, i thought only cd changer played mp3's , yupeeeeee im going to start using my single slot mp'3

·
Registered
2007 Mars Red C230
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya I go that too, so then I just like re-burned the CD and now it works fine (in the CDC and in the single slot)

I burned a disk on a TDK disk and it works in the single slot and the CDC, but the first time it said "wrong disk". So I re-burned the disk and it works fine now

on another audio note.......does anyone else's radio get crappy and like random reception?
What are you using to burn? I am using Nero and simply creating a Data Disc.. Is there some special format and directory structure needed? Do I need to use a certain burn speed?:confused:

·
Registered
2007 Mars Red C230
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What are you using to burn? I am using Nero and simply creating a Data Disc.. Is there some special format and directory structure needed? Do I need to use a certain burn speed?:confused:
I researched a bit more and seems that using Itunes to burn the disc was recommended..

No Dice... Still would not read it.. This sucks.. Every crap ass radio in every Rental Car I have driven in the past 5 years.. Reads friggen MP3's.. what a disappointment.. I guess I need to now upgrade to a command style?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am using Nero and simply creating a Data Disc
DUDE!!!! ur problem is that your not making a CD AUDIO disk and thats what you need.

I use Sconic Media (It came with my Dell) and I click on the one that says "make a cd aduio disk for your home or car" and it works. There is an option for Data disk and this is if you want to use a CD as a Floppy disk or some memory device

·
Registered
2010 C350 4MATIC
32 Posts
I've now burned a disk with iTunes (mp3 disk) and using Toast Titanium (also mp3 disk). I used a Memorex the first time and a Sony the second time.

Neither works in my 05 (no CDC)

I'm getting the AUX cable in about a week so I'll just use my iPod.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got a '05 too....i dont know what to say

are you going to put in the AUX like it says in the sticky thread? Also, do you know how to do that with out unplugging the CDC?

Thanks

·
Registered
2010 C350 4MATIC
32 Posts
are you going to put in the AUX like it says in the sticky thread? Also, do you know how to do that with out unplugging the CDC?
Yes I will install it just like the thread, I've already located the white plug and am just waiting for the cable from MB. (said they had to get it from Germany).

Also the CDC will not be an issue because I don't have one :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.