Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone of you fellas help me out with a Carfax history? I need info on a title problem. Thanks

Smokie

·
Premium Member
Black on Black S124 Estate and White A124 Cabriolet
1,719 Posts
I'd delete that message. When I did the same thing...CarFax terminated the 30 day agreement I had paid for.

Fortunately, I'd already purchased the car I was looking into...but so you know...they noticed such a post on these boards somehow.

Helping someone off of the forum is not so risky, I'd imagine.

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes Benz 300 E
39 Posts
Smokiesman,
Well, I offered to help you with your request for a carfax, and I got screwed ! Someone from carfax was monitoring this site, and cancelled my subscription, and wants to charge me $19.95 for offering to help you. I no longer have the option of getting a carfax report on the car I'm about to help find for my mother, and forfeited the $24.95 ( and probably $19.95 more) just for being a good samaritan.
Please do not ask anyone else for help with a carfax, just pay the fee like those of us who have to do it the right way. Oh, and If you were the one that baited me into contract infringement with Carfax, I think it was a pretty shitty thing to do. here's proof of my problem this caused.....

An email from Carfax Monitoring......

When you purchased your unlimited account you agreed to the following terms and conditions
I agree to pay a one-time charge of $24.99 (USD), plus applicable sales tax, according to my card issuer agreement. This 30 day Unlimited CARFAX Reports Plan is valid for 30 days from the date the first report is run, and is intended for my personal use only. Commercial use, resale and redistribution of CARFAX Reports is strictly prohibited and may lead to deactivation of my account and the imposition of additional charges for CARFAX Reports. I agree that my CARFAX Report purchase shall be governed by all the Terms and Conditions of use of the CARFAX Web Site.

Since you are distributing or selling reports you are in violation of this agreement. We, reserve the right to charge 19.99 per report for these and/or additional violations - particularly if your postings/advertisements are not removed ASAP.

We look forward to serving you in the future for your PERSONAL car shopping needs with the purchase of single reports only.

Hey, Smokie,
I just bought a 91 300E ,and I can tell you, Carfax is a big help in making the decision [Thank You]. I found out my car had not been in an accident, or listed as a lemon. I got the 30 unlimited subscription to it, so let me know the vin # you are looking at, and an email addrfess I can send it to, and I'll be happy to help you out. Why not ? I can do as many as I can in the next 2 1/2 weeks. Let me know, Grizzlyman

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes Benz 300 E
39 Posts
thanks RHW, but they got me before i realized that. I'm cancelled now too, all because I tried to help out a fellow human being with similar interests.

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear they screwed you over!!!! Rest assured it was not me who baited you! Your right it is a shitty thing to do! I had got the carfax 3mo. ago from a friend . I don't have the power to delete a posting either!

Smokie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts