Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
e350 4 matic M3 vert
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my car last weekend. Ive been trying to figure out what this thing is thats installed in my armrest behind the cupholder. My brother in law has the same car and year and his doesnt have it..

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
e350 4 matic M3 vert
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats interesting. I tried pairing my phone and the car through the telephone feature on the navigation headunit. Am I going about it the right way? Does that interface work through the telephone button?

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,796 Posts
There are variables. MB had two revisions of that unit. They are cosmetically the same.
The 1st gen unit works with far less phones. The 2nd gen is much better. Then the 3rd
gen is a black unit, but has no more functionality than the 2nd gen.
There is a button to depress at the top of the unit. While holding that button in slide
the unit out and get the numbers off the back. We will then know what you have.
Some of the very latest phones will not work with even that latest Bluetooth unit.
There is one that is called the Viseeo CarTronics, the Leading Authority on Vehicle Electronics that works better than the MB units.

·
Registered
e350 4 matic M3 vert
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whichever unit I have works.. I just paired my phone with my car by pressing the buttong that Noodles asked me to press. I slid out a little cover off the bottom and these #s were in there. I used those numbers when it prompted me for an access code (62872) The phone works now :)

I tried to add my phone book and it wont let me.. Nothing is highlighted on the headunit. It wont even show me recent calls. I made a few test calls and it keeps telling me I didnt make any.. Could it be the unit?

·
Banned
2007 E350 4Matic P2; 2008 GL320 CDI P2
20,153 Posts
That is the compatibility issue that some phones have.

I had no luck with Nokia phones but we have a Samsung that works.

·
Registered
e350 4 matic M3 vert
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the compatibility issue that some phones have.

I had no luck with Nokia phones but we have a Samsung that works.
Thanks man. I have the Blackberry Tour for Verizon. Im surprised that doesnt transfer my contacts.. Hopefully when I get my I Phone in Feb it will work :D

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
I have one in my car, looks different then that its a MB one,
Works with every phone so far havnt had a problem.

·
Registered
2006 E350 Sport
67 Posts
Whichever unit I have works.. I just paired my phone with my car by pressing the buttong that Noodles asked me to press. I slid out a little cover off the bottom and these #s were in there. I used those numbers when it prompted me for an access code (62872) The phone works now :)

I tried to add my phone book and it wont let me.. Nothing is highlighted on the headunit. It wont even show me recent calls. I made a few test calls and it keeps telling me I didnt make any.. Could it be the unit?
What model bluetooth adapter do you have (it's in the same place as the access code, starts with a B and then eight numbers)?. FYI the performance is not as good with the older apapters)!.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,796 Posts
DropTopKing, your iPhone will work and contacts will transfer as well as recent calls and
it will show you who is calling. Glad it it is functioning. What phone are you using now
that is not transferring contacts to the COMAND?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts