Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[:I]Hello. I have not yet bought the Mercedes I'm considering -- a '93 300TE wagon. Friend suggested I stop shopping 2 year old Subarus etc. - since this such a finer machine. No question about that -- only that while knowing it's solidly built, will last if taken care of, etc., can't find any crash test information at all.

I know regular tests mostly mid-late 90's on, but there's lot of information about older Volvo's for example. Would have just said, "so what - it's heavy and built," but the few MB early model tests I found were shockingly poor -- as with some of the BMW's.
Apparently sheer driving/functioning solidity not the same as engineering for impact. Newer models do much better.

Does anyone know of any testing/info anywhere about this model? The safety issue is even more important to me than durability & pleasure of the ride. Would hate to let this go for lack of that info. (The models I've seen have one driver's airbag only).

Thanks for clues, lead, comments from hope-to-be-MB owner.

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Extensive informatioin and crash tests available

You are looking at pre-1990's models if they only have 1 airbag. If you would like to see the crash test data, any of the older dealer books go into that. I could help you if you had a specific year in mind. I have had an accident in a Mercedes-Benz. No way I would go for a VOLVO or a SUBARU! How much are you planning to spend? Late model used wagons can go for $10,000 to $25,000 depending on condition. There are also 4-Matics available that have all four-wheel drive. Read this forum to learn about the many features of these excellent Mercedes-Benz models. Try posting on the 124 Forum.
[:)]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.