Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MB E 350 2008.

Recently having problem when pumping gas, set the pump to automatic, it can only pump the half tank then the handle release like the tank is full. Trying to pump again by hand and it can slowly fill in but it will take the very long time to fill up the tank.

Does anyone have the same problem or does anyone know what is the problem?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1988 560SL 71000mi, 2015 S550 4Matic
194 Posts
I have had that problem a few times and it was the fault of the large rubber vapor recovery system on the pump handle. At some stations I have to hold it back with my hand or the car will not fill correctly.
Michael in Arizona

·
Registered
2012 C250W Sport
16 Posts
xrayaz is correct, the problem lies with the junction between the pump handle and our gas tanks. Maintaining a slight offset between the two solved the issue in my case (by holding the handle manually). However, this isn't a problem in my location as all automatic pumps are now gone so you have to hold the handle anyway :/ You'll have to suffer like us I'm afraid haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had that problem a few times and it was the fault of the large rubber vapor recovery system on the pump handle. At some stations I have to hold it back with my hand or the car will not fill correctly.
Michael in Arizona
Thanks. But I did not have this problem before, now the 4-year warranty is over... the problem starts.

Can the dealer do something to solve the problem or do we have to live with this from now on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xrayaz is correct, the problem lies with the junction between the pump handle and our gas tanks. Maintaining a slight offset between the two solved the issue in my case (by holding the handle manually). However, this isn't a problem in my location as all automatic pumps are now gone so you have to hold the handle anyway :/ You'll have to suffer like us I'm afraid haha
Thanks. I can only hold the handle and press a little to get the gas going to the tank. It takes forever to fill up....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts