Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
560sl R107,500sl R129,E420 W210,and finally 280CE W123.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,I have aproblem long time ago,my car clock it seems can not adjust the time,the adjusting lever is out of order,anybody faced such problem and what should I do to fix that?

Guess how do I adjust the time? by disconnecting the battery at acertain time then connecting the battery back[:D]
regards

PS:MY CAR MODLE 1992 SL500

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
You can't pull out the little knob to the left of the clock and turn it left or right an eighth of a turn maybe, so the minute hand moves quickly (turn knob left (ccw) and time goes backward, turn knob right (cw) and add time)?

·
Registered
'90 300SL ,'84 300DT
149 Posts
Although I believe you are using the proper approach, I was surprised in my 300SL when I made an adjustment that you don't try to turn the knob; instead, you just hold it CW or CCW for an electrical adjust whereas my '84 300D needs a hand turn as it is a mechanical adjustment. Hope this helps....
Ron

·
Registered
1990 SL300
13 Posts
Did you ever find your answer to this problem? I have a 1990 SL300 and have the same problem. I've tried turning it CW & CCW and nothing happens, even when I pull the stem out and turn.

·
Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
9,057 Posts
Don't be tempted to twist the little adjuster too hard in case it snaps off, just gently turn and hold.

my560sl Can you please resize your avatar, it's displacing the whole topic page :thumbsup: Thanks.

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
Here's another way to adjust the time to what you want it to read. Set a timer on another clock for the time that is currently on your SL. Disconnect the SL battery and when the times match reconnect the battery...........

Har! Har!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts