Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes cdi 320
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a m.b fitted mic be converted to a 3.5 mm plug any help would be great.
The car is a mercedes w211 06 facelift with m.b phone prep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, i'm also trying to do something similar to that: connect the original microphone from the rear view mirror to my 2din navigation system with 3.5mm microphone plug for calls.

i took it a little bit further, as i, already disassembled the rear view mirror.

these are the cables/plugs: left - to mic in rear view mirror / right - to head unit

i found an extension cable, that could do the trick: kabeldaviko.de - Mikrofonverlängerungskabel NTG 2.5

but, i need to know the pin outs for the right plug (if helps: 1-black, 2-red, 4-green and 6-pink; i know what you gonna say most likely to be "black negative and red positive", but what about green and pink?) so that i can do the correct connections to the 3.5mm plug.

can someone, please, help me?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, i'm also trying to do something similar to that: connect the original microphone from the rear view mirror to my 2din navigation system with 3.5mm microphone plug for calls.

i took it a little bit further, as i, already disassembled the rear view mirror.

these are the cables/plugs: left - to mic in rear view mirror / right - to head unit

i found an extension cable, that could do the trick: kabeldaviko.de - Mikrofonverlängerungskabel NTG 2.5

but, i need to know the pin outs for the right plug (if helps: 1-black, 2-red, 4-green and 6-pink; i know what you gonna say most likely to be "black negative and red positive", but what about green and pink?) so that i can do the correct connections to the 3.5mm plug.

can someone, please, help me?
thanks in advance.
can anyone shed some light on this, please
thanks

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Pink is for microphone #1, orange for microphone #2, green is ground and the shield should be transparent.

At least earlier on MB had an 8V phantom voltage for the mic while pretty much all after market devices work on a lower voltage which makes the microphones not compatible without any additional components.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pink is for microphone #1, orange for microphone #2, green is ground and the shield should be transparent.

At least earlier on MB had an 8V phantom voltage for the mic while pretty much all after market devices work on a lower voltage which makes the microphones not compatible without any additional components.
first and foremost, thank you for your reply and clarification on this issue.

so there's no easy solution no solve this problem. i have to try and find another solution.

best regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts