Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 E350 :-) 2002 E320 (sold)
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 E320 that never had a phone installed. Is there a way to connect some bluetooth or whatever gizmo to my car and have use of the steering wheel buttons for phone use and also have the contact list pop up on the dash? I'm using a Droid 1 and Verizon.
Thanks

·
Registered
'02 E320 4matic Wagon
326 Posts
I have the same car and made it work. I swapped in the PSE (phone controller, not the pneumatic controller) and got a cradle eliminator cable and a v60 bluetooth adapter. A little version coding and all the features work. I can see address book and phone numbers on the radio and cluster.
Now, I had my parts from an old car that got totalled, not sure what all the parts would cost by themselves. But it is possible.

·
Registered
2012 E350 :-) 2002 E320 (sold)
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you. I'll look into the options. I don't NEED this, but I want to do things to the car so that I want to keep it and not trade it in. It's been a very good car.

·
Registered
1985 300CD Turbo coupe, 2006 E320 CDI sedan
573 Posts
I have a 2002 E320 that never had a phone installed.
I'm not familiar with the W210, sorry. But if you happen to have the Harmon Kardon COMMAND system, it may be possible. See THIS THREAD. There's a bit of unnecessary distraction from one poster. But if you can suffer through that, some of the other info may be of help.

//greg//

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Wagonz is correct. See the How-To Guide for Handsfree sticky at the top of this forum.

·
Registered
99 SL 500 - 03 SLK 230 - 90 SEL
241 Posts
what is the Argos module? I have a wagon with the Startac and would like to use that phone or a replacement but use the cars wheel and display/radio. Can it be done? I have read a few posts but can't really find one that says "do this" or "buy this"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts