Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ML500
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is aux in the glove box only for ipod & iphone?
Has anybody tried a Samsung Galaxy Tab or any other brands besides ipad & iphone? How's the sound?

For my 2006 ML, I'm using a Motorola FM transmitter but can't live with the statics anymore.

·
Registered
2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2013 Tesla Model S 85
875 Posts
My 2009 has two pigtails in the glovebox, one for iPhone and the other is a low-tech analog auxiliary input. Thats what you are talking about? If your Samsung has a headphone output then you should be able to plug right in to that bypassing your FM transmitter.

But another thing to consider is that M-B may offer an alternative pigtail with USB (offered for the 2009). That might make a better digital connection. It might allow access to your Samsung as if it were a USB hard drive.

·
Registered
2008 ML320 CDI
138 Posts
any audio device will connect using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm plug. I have connected my MP3 player to the aux (on super long trips) and it sounds fine.

·
Registered
2006 ML500
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you and this is great! Now I can enjoy my tablet directly through speakers for music, movies and gps sound. Can't wait to try!

·
Registered
2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2013 Tesla Model S 85
875 Posts
You are not going to get video through the auxiliary 3.5mm stereo jack. But you could play the movie audio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts