Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't get an answer anywhere else so I thought I'd ask here too. Guys I currently have a Kenwood Excelon KDC X590 HU. I hate the fact that I can't really turn up my system past 25 without getting distortion. Plus it just doesn't seem it's as clear as it could be. I want to get some new speakers but the all seem to be 4 ohm. From what I personally know I'd have to rewire the whole car to bypass the Bose amp to run 4 ohm speakers. So the question again is, can I run 4 ohm speakers with what i currently have without having to rewire the whole friggin car?

·
Registered
98 E-430 (W210)(RIP) 96 S600 (W140)
369 Posts
johnmajor said:
Couldn't get an answer anywhere else so I thought I'd ask here too. Guys I currently have a Kenwood Excelon KDC X590 HU. I hate the fact that I can't really turn up my system past 25 without getting distortion. Plus it just doesn't seem it's as clear as it could be. I want to get some new speakers but the all seem to be 4 ohm. From what I personally know I'd have to rewire the whole car to bypass the Bose amp to run 4 ohm speakers. So the question again is, can I run 4 ohm speakers with what i currently have without having to rewire the whole friggin car?
you probably can do what you want to without re-wiring the whole car. Just rewire the area where the amp is located (drivers side quarter panel). Other than that, just get a bigger bose amp from an S-Class. as a matter of fact, i have one laying in my trunk.

Thats what i did and it seemed to work better. Its a bigger amp.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
skipinschool said:
you probably can do what you want to without re-wiring the whole car. Just rewire the area where the amp is located (drivers side quarter panel). Other than that, just get a bigger bose amp from an S-Class. as a matter of fact, i have one laying in my trunk.

Thats what i did and it seemed to work better. Its a bigger amp.
Wow really? sounds cool to me. Will the amp plug up directly to my E320? If so, how much? I can paypal you.

·
Registered
2001 E 430
84 Posts
4 ohm speakers?

Well, I'm not claiming to know a lot about resistance but I was told you can run 4ohm speakers in "parallel" with each other. Ohms law. If you start with one side of your current at 2 ohm and run it into the 4ohm and run direct line from that speaker to the other it maintains the 2ohm output...someone correct me if I'm wrong.:confused: I feel your pain. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my stereo right now too, especially for the rear deck where I've got one of my mids blown. I've got the quote from the dealer of $114.00 per and the same with an after market.

·
Registered
98 E-430 (W210)(RIP) 96 S600 (W140)
369 Posts
ill give everyone some info about W210 sound system (for upgrade purposes)
In the rear deck, there are two extra slots next to the original speakers in the back. rip out the foam and and two more.... more bass!! better clarity.... trust me, ive done it.
As you all know, the S-class have a better sound system. Try to get your hands on the S-Class AMP. Same fitting. Go on ebay and find one... I have one sitting in my trunk.
Try to get a better mercedes head unit. My dads 600 has a german OEM head unit and OMG his system sounds excellent.

E-Bay is your key.
and whoever wants the amp, let me know... just PM me.

P.S. I have one in my trunk, and right now im in NJ. Down in florida, I have about 8 or so at the salvage yard. who ever is interested, let me know, and we'll arange something.

P.S.S. In florida, i have TONS of OEM mercedes speakers, and S/E - class amps (and a bunch of other parts)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts