Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1986 300 SDL
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the P&P the other day and a new arrival 560 SEL came in with what I think are the one piece Euro headlamps. My SDL Headlamp "doors" are cracking and instead of buying new ones I thought I might just put these "Euros" I've read about in.

Any thoughts? If possible is there a lot of modificaiton?

·
Slightly creased
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,613 Posts
yes you can, there are changes to the plugs you need to make but this has been described many times, a search on euro headlights will bring up more posts than you need.

·
Registered
MBZ '87 300SDL, MBZ '85 380SL, RR '77 Silver Shadow II, MBZ '98 E300TD
464 Posts
I was at the P&P the other day and a new arrival 560 SEL came in with what I think are the one piece Euro headlamps. My SDL Headlamp "doors" are cracking and instead of buying new ones I thought I might just put these "Euros" I've read about in.

Any thoughts? If possible is there a lot of modification?
Not a prob, tis but a garden variety W126 after all and those delightful Euro eyeballs can be adapted to both Gen 1 and Gen 2 models all the way through '91 in the US.

There are eBay sellers that provide inexpensive pre-made pigtail adapters (most for under $20.00). I just bought a set for the 300SDL with a nice set of bulbs. Who knows, I might even go to Xenon in a year.

Good luck,

-bh

·
Registered
1986 300 SDL
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...I'm getting happier....yet.. So to you SDL men, I've read somewhere where there are challenges getting them mounted other than the wiper motor axel length. One guy says that on an SDL the air cleaner box or intake hose gets in the way. Anything too it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts