Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my ML320 CDi for near one year now, everthing is fine. I want a power fold side mirrors. And my wife can't close the tailgate, so i want to fit a power one.
Do you think dealer can fit it back? and how much do you think?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2007 ML320CDI, 1959 220SE, 1971 280SL, 1982 380SL
874 Posts
I speaking from a position of knowing very little about the mechanics of either part. My experience has been that these type of modifications can get very complicated- generally extra wiring is involved-- and generally, a nearly impossible accomplishment of identifying what must be reprogrammed in the computer, and then finding someone to do it. -- Maybe another has had more direct experience on these specifics and can comment further.

·
Premium Member
2007 ML320CDI, 1959 220SE, 1971 280SL, 1982 380SL
874 Posts
I sure miss the old days when you went down and bought an accessory and all you had to do to make it work was ground one wire and run the hot to the fuse box.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Anything is possible but its very likely that it will be not a good investment and out of sight expensive. If you really want them that badly consider trading for another ML that has them.

·
Registered
2007 ML350, 2013 328i
34 Posts
How many of you have Easy pack tailgate option?

I was wondering how many of you guys have the power tailgate?
Anyone regret that they did or did not order the option?
May I have some feedback please?

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
sam25magic said:
I was wondering how many of you guys have the power tailgate?
Anyone regret that they did or did not order the option?
May I have some feedback please?
I have it on my 06 and I think its a great convience. Have had no issues with it and I love it.

·
Registered
ML350
686 Posts
kevinchung said:
i have my ML320 CDi for near one year now, everthing is fine. I want a power fold side mirrors. And my wife can't close the tailgate, so i want to fit a power one.
Do you think dealer can fit it back? and how much do you think?

Kevin

yes you can have power fold mirrors retrofitted, its not difficult, you basically get new folding mirror assemblies that replace the old ones and then reprogram the vehicle to know that they are there.

yes you can have the power liftgate retrofitted, it *is* difficult. i know because ive done it. the biggest issue is that the wiring harness for the liftgate must be built from scratch and some of the connectors are very difficult to find. there is also some programming to make it all work.

your service dept will do the mirrors for you since its just a replacement and plug-and-play. the liftgate is a total custom job so the dealer will not touch it. in all likelyhood it would probably have to come my firm to get done. the only other option would be for us to build the kit and have a competant installer put it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts