Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2008 C200K (W204) & 1998 SL500 (R129) Imperial Red
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I install "Memory Seat function?" on my S320 that only has electric seat control?

Hi everyone.

Today while I was working on my S320, I noticed that behind the wooden panel with the electric seat function, there are a 3 connectors. Are all 3 connectors designated strictly for the electric seat function? or is one of them designated for the memory seat function?

Can I just purchase the panel that has the electric seat control with memory seat function buttons, and simply install it?

Is it plug & play by any chance lol?

Below are pics of the particular connectors / plugs Im reffering to:

Attachments

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

It may be a bit of a silly question to ask, but If I dont know about something I will never pretend that I do.

Which is why I ask if the above scenario is possible? A simple Yes or No with a little explanation to motivate your answer would do the trick..

Thanx comrades

·
Registered
22 Posts
yes i think you can provided you have the appropriate comfort control module with memory function...i believe the part no. is 140 820 16 26. the modulue is located on the front passenger footwell, lift the carpet up...it's behind the triangular steel plate...

good luck...by the way, could someone help me to check the module part no. for non-memory seat....thanx

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i think you can provided you have the appropriate comfort control module with memory function...i believe the part no. is 140 820 16 26. the modulue is located on the front passenger footwell, lift the carpet up...it's behind the triangular steel plate...

good luck...by the way, could someone help me to check the module part no. for non-memory seat....thanx
hmmmm.. so my car is a RHD, so I will check the left front footwell.. If the module is not there, and I had to fit that module, aswell as the small wood panels that have electric seat controls, aswell as the memory buttons.

Does my car have all the right wiring to do this? Or is further modification needed?

Im still toying with entire idea, want to see if its worth the trouble. (And money) The passenger side would be used more as only ONE person drives my car. ME

·
Registered
22 Posts
the module will be there but it's for non-memory seat. do let me know what part no. u have there. the module basically controls the seat and wing mirror adjustments. about the wiring, do compare your switch panel and the one from vehicles with memory seat.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The part number for the W140 Comfort Control Module is: 140 820 00 26

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The part number for the W140 Comfort Control Module is: 140 820 00 26
Thats the correct part number? This I got from e-bay, have not checked my car for it yet..

I will update if I do make any progress. The main reason I ask is more for informative purposes. If it seems feesible, I will install it, but only at a later stage when I run out of things to fix (Lets hope such a time comes, and stays that way)

So for now its still in the research phase :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
my apology, i think i have made a mistake....we should have 140 820 16 26 in our car (non memory seats). this module also controls the wing mirror adjustments. mine is dead, no power to the wing mirrors. for the power seat, you will need module 140 820 01 26.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my apology, i think i have made a mistake....we should have 140 820 16 26 in our car (non memory seats). this module also controls the wing mirror adjustments. mine is dead, no power to the wing mirrors. for the power seat, you will need module 140 820 01 26.
No problem my brother.. I will check both my car, and a car that has the memory functions. I will post both part numbers so we can figure this one out.

Unfortunately Im only going to MB Heaven on Monday, so only then will be able to concur the part number for the module that DOES have the memory seats.

By tonight I should be able to confirm which module I have installed in my S320..

·
Registered
1986 560SEL, 1986 560SEL, 1992 500SEL, 1999 S500
473 Posts
You may want to check into the seat motors, as they will have to contain a feedback device to report position information to the module.

·
Registered
W140 600 SEL 1992, C 140 CL 600 1998 , W116 450SEL 6,9 1978 , 300SEL 3,5 1970 , 500SL R129 1991
108 Posts
different wiring

Hi, problem is you need to re-wire your door and the whole set of cables from the pillar to the seat and more.. the normal switch in the door is directly operating the seat motors, but the memory thing is only controlling the control module. I checked it with two cars because a friend had the same idea. So I think no way to do it without a donor car and new wiring. As a hint what amount of work is needed, I installed rear electric seats. photos of wiring:

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanx for the insight comrades..

Lol, definately a lot more work than I thought it would be. I read somewhere on this forum that most of the wiring is standard even if the vehicle wasn't fitted with that feature / module. (Like headlight wipers, seat warmers, etc)

When I stripped the front door I saw a lot wiring. So I thought maybe one of those plugs (there were three) were designated for memory seats. So that made me think if possibly memory seats were only 2 wood panels with switches and comfort module away!

Lol, but now I see its way more work than its worth for me. I'm the only person that drives my car anyway :)

Thank you to everybody that cleared this up for me. Will be thinking of other mods and upgrades :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think (not entirely sure here) that you'd need the proper seat tracks from a memory equipped car. Because those have kind of hall sensors for positions. You'll also need the switch and control module. As for Wiring.. on cars without memory there are three connectors for the switch module while on cars with memory only one of those three exists. As for wiring to the seat... Maybe it needs to be done...aybe not.

I'm looking into this because i just bought used seats for my car (non memory) from a car woth memory. I think it's probably too much work in the end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts