Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: CD changer

No CD player will work in the 2001 C series except the MB $950 one that goes in the glove compartment due to fibre optics cable on Bose speaker system.( Which sounds like hell anyway) Sound Advice store quoted me $1200 to replace it with new speakers and hard wiring plus a single in dash player CD. Not even those cassette adapters will work.<br> I'm recording some cassettes and waiting a few<br> months hopefully until someone comes up with a solution. Can you imagine trying to take off your seatbelt and reaching into the glove compartment to change a CD while driving ? A damn disgrace for a situation like this with a $44,000 car !

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RF CD changer?

I've been considering an RF modulator CD changer.<br> Does anyone know the best place to get to the antenna? Either underdash or in the trunk would do. Everything is so covered up in this car I hate to just rip into it trying to find the cable... Does it even run through the trunk or through the headliner?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know how swapping the headunit works out?

I just drove the ccoupe, and I'm pretty convinced that I will be buying one. I am concerned with the headunit, though. I've heard that the stereo pretty much sucks, even with Bose upgrade.<br> <br> So, anyone know anyone who has gone and replaced the entire system? It sounds pretty severe, but I don't know what else to do. Does the new hu fit well? Does it effect the warranty?<br> <br> I'm probably placing my order in the next month, so I guess that I have to know what I'm going to do before then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts