Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 240D, 84 Audi
6 Posts
hmm..

I am courious as well. Someone told me I could. With diesels I believe its not too complicated, much easier than doing a turbo upgrade on a gas engine. With the diesel engine you dont need to upgrade that much on the engine, plus since the redline is 3000 rpm or so, it doesnt take such a beating. Plus Turbo diesels run much cooler than Turbo gas. If you ever look at companys that make diesel engines, they usually have 2 of the same engines, one with out a turbo, and the same one with a turbo, as if all they do is slap it on :) And I looked at the 240D engine today and I dont see why it cant be possible [8D]

·
Registered
1994 SL320, '76 240D
153 Posts
You can put a turbo on a 240d, but if your looking for longevity, than your better off sta...

You can put a turbo on a 240d, but if your looking for longevity, than your better off staying NA. Although most all of what you said is true, there are modifications to the Turbo engines so they last as long as the non-turbos. For instance the 300D Turbos from MB have oil injectors at the base of each piston that squirts oil to cool the piston. There are a few other little things. You would probably be fine with a turbo on a 240D but like I said there are things done to beef up the turbo engines. It will run you probably $2,000 when all is said and done. I know GIK (a sweedish company) used to make a turbo kit for the 220/240D but I don't know if they are still around or not and if they still offer the kit.

·
Registered
2x300D-83
54 Posts
Turbo-kit

Hello!

Got a link to GIK,s homepage in Sweden. Look under "prislistor" (pricelists), then under "hela listan". There are some kits for W123 diesels. I will stay out of it though with my (at the moment) two 300D non-turbos.

http://www.gikturbo.se/gikturbo.html

Anders

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.