Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the fog lights can be on set with the lights on auto lights. Or if you want the fog lights to be on, you have to turn them on every single time?

·
Registered
2005 E500
141 Posts
The fog lights can NOT be set to come on every time the headlights do when you have them set to "auto". I am OK with this.

If you have gone to traffic school recently (which unfortunately I have) you would have your memory refreshed that fog lights are only supposed to be used in reduced visibility driving conditions.....such as fog.

I know there are lots of guys out there that like to turn them on all the time because they think it looks cool, but that is not what fog lights are designed for.

So in the E-class, when you encounter bad weather reduced visibility driving conditions that require fog lights, you then turn them on manually in those conditions. The "auto" setting controls your regular headlights, which are the only ones you need for everyday driving.

On the other hand, it would be nice if MB had designed the fog light on/off setting so that it would remain in memory and work with the "auto" setting so that, on a given day with reduced visibility conditions appropriate for the use of foglights, you could turn them on once, and wouldn;t have to remember to turn the off/on every trip you take that day.

I am sure that alot of the all-the-time foglight users will chime in on this one too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts