Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi looking for help to find locations of can-bus on a Mercedes Benz clk 200 advantage 2009 , any help would be appreciated
Thanks John .

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
Welcome, John!

The CAN bus is not really one thing - it's a network of wiring that lets the computer components communicate. Are you having a particular issue that pints to CAN bus issues?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi rudeney
Thanks for your reply yes i am having a issue, I’ve just had a diagnostic done on car and it showing a can fault , the car his running fine but the cluster his blacking out for a few seconds speedometer And rev counter drops to zero ,icons on cluster blinker , clock goes backwards, head lights flash and then it reboots all back to normal for a few minutes and then it’s off again , it also makes clock to go backwards just by opening door with key fob, any help would be appreciated, just knowing where to start .
thanks John .

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
I am guessing you are getting an error something like "CAN bus in single-wire mode". This is often a fault in the EIS (electronic ignition switch) which requires its replacement. I doubt this will help, but you might try checking and cleaning all the CAN bus wiring junction. It's located in the wiring loom pocket under the door sills, by the A-pillar kick panel. driver's side. Below is a photo of it: I pulled this from the SmartTop installation manual:

It might be helpful in explaining how to open the bus bar for cleaning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am guessing you are getting an error something like "CAN bus in single-wire mode". This is often a fault in the EIS (electronic ignition switch) which requires its replacement. I doubt this will help, but you might try checking and cleaning all the CAN bus wiring junction. It's located in the wiring loom pocket under the door sills, by the A-pillar kick panel. driver's side. Below is a photo of it: I pulled this from the SmartTop installation manual:

It might be helpful in explaining how to open the bus bar for cleaning.

Hi Rudeney
Thank you for your response, will check can bus connection block , will let you know if find fault , many thanks keep safe .
many thanks
John .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts