Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Mercedes 300E, 2012 Mercedes C250 Luxury
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title, could any members here in this forum please recommend a good (and experienced) independent MB mechanic here in San Francisco Bay Area please? Thanks!

Also, just curious. I read a lot of discussion threads here, and people always recommend to replace the harness (and head gaskets? if they haven't been replaced before) first before doing any serious diagnostics. However, as the parts of the harness (and head gasket) also cost $$$$, is there a way to really "confirm" that replacing these two parts are "absolutely" necessary before I go ahead and buy the parts?? What's the MOST PROBABLE cause for the "check engine light" on problem, on a really low mileage (50K) and well-maintained (regularly serviced by the dealers) 1993 300E 2.8? I used a code reader purchased on eBay to diagnose and only found the Pin#6 (SRS) has some error codes (codes 8,9), and no engine related error codes were reported by the code reader...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 G500
74 Posts
Autobahn Motors in Belmont have specials on oil and brake fluid changes quite some often.
Worth checking their homepage. Got an oil change for my V8 for $50!!
Had my 1992 500E with Petes Mercedes in SF (van Ness/Clay) and
European Car Service in San Rafael.
Can recommend both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts