Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Always Remembered RIP
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I was having a good look around the engine bay in my 450 slc and found these items unconnected. I was hoping one of you guys could tell me where they should be connected and what their function is.

Two vacuum pipes, one black with a nut at the end, the other one black with a white stripe, which someone has blocked with a wood screw!
Also an electrical socket - 2 wires, one brown, one black.

I have put a pictue of the three things here and would appreciate any information. One clue is that the remote headlamp aim function is not working.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That looks like the vent, power & vacuum for the cruise control motor.

·
Always Remembered RIP
3,381 Posts
Maybe this will help.

Sorry the pic so late but it wouldn't up load earlier.

Attachments

·
Always Remembered RIP
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Nascar Fan.

That's interesting because the cruise has never functioned on my car. The amplifier appears to be missing (from near the brake pedal (RHD)). I'd always imagined that the cruise servo would be under the air filter, close to the fuel distributor. Someone must have removed the whole cruise system apart from the control stalk. :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Thanks Nascar Fan.

That's interesting because the cruise has never functioned on my car. The amplifier appears to be missing (from near the brake pedal (RHD)). I'd always imagined that the cruise servo would be under the air filter, close to the fuel distributor. Someone must have removed the whole cruise system apart from the control stalk. :confused:
Yeah, that's the location for the cruise servo on a 450. Later 380 and 560 models have the servo mounted up front, near the alternator.

·
Always Remembered RIP
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much guys! What a superb site, I'd have been trying to figure that out for weeks without your help.

·
Always Remembered RIP
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pic ussun. By the way, I really enjoyed the write up you did on the restoration of your slc. A superb looking car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts