Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'86 500sec
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
new to this forum, but would very much apprieciate any input as to who made/makes the body kit that is on my 86' W126. I have owned the car for approx two years, and now want to have it resprayed(same colour).
The rear spoiler has a crack in it, and front bumper has taken a few knocks at the corners.
Just need to I.D. so I can order possible replacements.
Based south of England bought the car for £1500 off a friend, only had to change exhaust gasket on one side so far. 144k on the clock,I belive this to be genuine. I have the blue(Draylon?)seats and blue dash, all of which are unmarked/worn.
Engine/drivetrain all good.

Regards,
Gary.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
eautiful coupe. From your photos it appears that the front valance to the kit is missing. Not sure what kit it is. Any markings on the rear piece?

·
Registered
'86 500sec
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
none that I can find. I've had a good look underneath, but to no avail.
I've also found AMG markings on all the suspension coils/springs, but no where else on the car. Was this standard practice for the time?-Or do you think this might have been an option/upgrade?
Thanks for any info.
Regards,

Gary.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Looks like the early series lorinser body kit. too bad it's missing the front bumper. if you replace with the early generation AMG kit, it should look ok because they are very similar in shape.

The AMG springs might have been installed by lorinser.

·
Registered
'86 500sec
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for all your input. I'll make inroads on the Lorinser website, and see if I get any joy.
Keep you posted.
Thanks again,

Gary.[:)]

·
Registered
85' 500sel
423 Posts
It kinda looks like a Zender kit to me ....[^]

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
It is an AMG kit, I have an 84 280SEL AMG, it looks almost exactly like mine ( I still have the front bumper ). As to what style kit it is ( if it has a name or not ) not sure..

·
Registered
'86 500sec
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(The Razz)
Possible you could throw up a couple of pics?-Or you can send to my email: [email protected] so I could have a closer look?

Dennis B
Checked out some of the zender kits for that time, and they are very similar, but none that exactly matches.
(Not as deeply raked on the rear valence/rear quarters).

Blue420sel
The rims are 16X9,and are made by BBS.
(Used to be quite common over here. Rover, TVR, Vauxhall, all used to use them on some of their better models back in the day).

Thanks again everyone,
Regards,

Gary.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
the lorinsers are pretty much ripoffs of the early AMG kit. you can't really tell without them side by side.

Since there's no AMG logo visible, it's probably not AMG since they love plastering their logo all over the place.

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
I'll get the pics as soon as the WOMAN, gets the digital camra home, and up loads the pics ( since my puter HATES her camra ) I want everyone to see my BAAAABY

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Well, I took the pictures... All I need is my wife to find the cable for the camra.. Hope it'll be REAL soon... Wanna show my work in progress off...

·
Registered
W126C AMG 6.0
846 Posts
Lorinser couldn't have ripped off the decklid spoiler THAT badly from AMG, could they? That is 100% what the AMG decklid spoiler looks like. Sideskirts usually have the markings on the bottom, toward the rear wheels of the car, Rear skirt usually on the bottom toward the passenger side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts