Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already changed the shocks as well as the, sway bar links and bushings, what else could it be, I'm thinking upper control arm or the control arm bushings as well.

Also I've noticed that when I go over a bump (not a speed bump) but like a slope, the under carriage of the car scrapes a little against the bottom,

I even measured the height from the center wheel hub (technically I measured it from the center of the Mercedes star) to the fender and it was 15in both drivers and passenger side.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
It's this.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can anyone help figure out what that part is in the first or second picture, because I've had no luck in trying to find it and I have no idea what I'm looking at.

From the second picture does the part sit on top of the spring???

I even tried looking in the WIS but no luck so far in trying to find it.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
It mounts on the rear spindle bracket. But it passes thru the rear lower control arm and fastened with a long bolt and nut. Holds the spindal in place but allowing for straight up and down chassis movement.

All of the circles and arrows take a nut and bolt. This happens to be the right rear spindle. I flipped it around so that you could see it as it is to earth ground.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts