Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought new michelin tires that came with 5 bolt 14" rims that don't fit my car. After checking the # on the internet, I found that they where meant for a 300 sel 6.3, possibly around 1968-72. Apparently made by Fuchs and are often called Bundt. They have 15 holes. These are some of the numbers I found after removing the crud.
6.5 Jx14H2
108 400 10 02
AS 1062
These are allow wheels with MB caps. Can someone please respond to what I have and it's worth?
Thank You
Sue

·
Premium Member
2005 SL 55 "k" 26K 1967 250 SL ?K 1984 500 SEC 242K http://www.flickr.com/photos/mercebman/
998 Posts
I bought new michelin tires that came with 5 bolt 14" rims that don't fit my car. After checking the # on the internet, I found that they where meant for a 300 sel 6.3, possibly around 1968-72. Apparently made by Fuchs and are often called Bundt. They have 15 holes. These are some of the numbers I found after removing the crud.
6.5 Jx14H2
108 400 10 02
AS 1062
These are allow wheels with MB caps. Can someone please respond to what I have and it's worth?
Thank You
Sue
God I wish I was a weasel. If these are alloys that accept a cap they are worth some $$$'s If they are not bent. It seems wierd that they are for a super heavy 109 with a 108 code. Can I get first right of refusal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you explain what "first right of refusal" means exactly?
And, I hate to say but I could be wrong when I mentioned it came off a 300 sel 6.3, the info came from an article on the net from a guy that sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Also, 2 things I didn't mention, the wheels are alloy(and the caps do fit snuggly) but not chromed. And there is a 5th identical wheel same size but with a different #. It was the spare.
And by the way............thank you for your honesty
Sue

·
Registered
1965 220S, 1999 Volvo V70 (wagon), 2006 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 72 350SL 4 Speed
1,830 Posts
Sue, what kind of car do you have? Those wheels will fit most early Mercedes and were used on the W126 model up to approx 1985 or 1986.

I have Bunts on my 1965 220S that originally came with 13" steel wheels.

Please enlighten us.

BTW, right of first refusal is a legal term loosely meaning he wants first shot at buying them from you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After seeing the beautiful pics of all your MB's I'm almost embarassed to say I don't have one, I just have a mere Honda. I needed tires and a U proffessor sold me almost new tires with rims attached, and I started looking into it. But I must say, if I could own one I would, very much a status symbol.
And as for HILD, yes you have first shot at it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
you bought a set of michelins tyres cheap? lucky you ! The Rims are basically worthless BTW,I have at least 8 sets here, but when new back in the 80's etc they cost up to $800 each..

·
Registered
1978 280ce euro found dead on Ebay
1,805 Posts
Not worthless, If she wants to hassle with selling them she can get $25-35 on ebay for each or $100.00 for the set. This is if they are in good conditon and the paint is not peeling.

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes Benz E500
668 Posts
No need to sound "testy,"...

These are a 108 code............is anyone interested or what?
Sue. You came here purportedly asking for help and information, not trolling for a buyer. There are other fora within benzworld, and elsewhere on-line for that purpose.

If you are in fact looking for a buyer, then be up front about it and post a "For sale @ best offer" here:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-trade-wanted-items/

Good luck,

JR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sue. You came here purportedly asking for help and information, not trolling for a buyer. There are other fora within benzworld, and elsewhere on-line for that purpose.

If you are in fact looking for a buyer, then be up front about it and post a "For sale @ best offer" here:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-trade-wanted-items/

Good luck,

JR
I did not mean to sound testy, I apologize. I was curious to learn of what i had before putting them up for sale, and I received conflicted answers. Although I did find out from bain the year of vehicles it belonged to and the kind, i'm still wondering about the code itself and it's importance if any?! You can never have too much information, and your right JR maybe I should just go on the link you provided.

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes Benz E500
668 Posts
No problem...

the "108" refers to the chassis number/series to which the wheels would be mounted. The 300SEL 6.3 was a [W] 109 chassis and hence some of the confusion.

That is not to say that there are not a great number of W108 parts on a W109, as the 109 was a stretched, or long wheel base version of the W108.

There is nothing wrong with trying to get as much information as possible before selling the wheels. Not every potential purchaser is as straight up as "hilld" was in his request for right of first refusal.

You also might wish to sign-up and post here: M-100 Group Classifieds
This one additional place where "6.3" owners hang out on-line...

Good luck,

JR

·
Registered
1978 280ce euro found dead on Ebay
1,805 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 SL 55 "k" 26K 1967 250 SL ?K 1984 500 SEC 242K http://www.flickr.com/photos/mercebman/
998 Posts
I did not mean to sound testy, I apologize. I was curious to learn of what i had before putting them up for sale, and I received conflicted answers. Although I did find out from bain the year of vehicles it belonged to and the kind, i'm still wondering about the code itself and it's importance if any?! You can never have too much information, and your right JR maybe I should just go on the link you provided.
If they still are for sale and they accept the caps I am still interested. The common refference to Bundts are a alloy wheel with no caps. Fuchs made a lot of rims steel and aluminum the early 1980's 240d's had some and some of the 108/109 on special order. First right of refusal means is I get to match or up the price of what you ask or what some one else offers you. It is a common courtesy among car people. Who advise other people.

A bare wheel without tire should way about 12 lbs max.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts