Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560SEC
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum, does anybody know how to remove the door mounts on the SEC and the side mirrors. I have a buddy who will prep and shoot those items, but taking them off seems a little difficult. How do you begin to take off the door mounts on both sides and also the side mirrors. Please help my friend will only be able to shoot them this coming week. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
First thing, what do you mean by door mounts? Are we talking hinges here??

Second, you'll need to pull the covers for the mirrors..you may need to take the door panel off as well, I can't remember for certain off the top of my head. The covers have little plastic clips, so Be Careful.

Jonathan

·
Registered
300 SEL- 190D- 380 SEC
227 Posts
Remove the mirrors by prying the triangular piece, which is it the forward part of the door, just inside of where the mirror is mounted. This should give you access to the bolts which hold it in place. For the drivers side if it is a hand adjusting mirror remove the handle first, by sliding the pin out first. It is located on the forward facing surface,use a small screw driver. The handle should then slide inward on its self (toward the window. Thus exposing the bare handle which will slide through the opening in the insulation. Note of caution; the panel is held in place by plastic clips, do not force it. Start on the bottom/back corner work your way up and *forward.

* forward= front of the car

·
Registered
560SEC
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the doors I was referring to the ugly grey part near the handle. Is there a way of easily taking it apart(off) the door so I can have my friend prep and spray it. Thanks. Also do you guys know an easy way of taking the chrome off the back near the trunk and the ones located on the side of the car near the bottom. That skinny long strip. Thanks

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
the trunk peices unscrew from the inside.

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Pictures would help

·
Registered
300 SEL- 190D- 380 SEC
227 Posts
Dont remember the size but there is a allen bolt just in side the door under the latch(where it grasps the nader pin). Loosen it then . . . turn the key in the lock and pull it should come out. . . I think in the unlock direction. Sorry for the vagueness but I havent done it in a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts