Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1994 SL500 / 2002 E500
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My car is fitted with Airmatic Suspension. I never use Sport 1 or 2 as it is to hard. When driving over a bad piece of road, even the Comfort setting can be too hard. Is there a way for the dealer to reprogram the suspension so that Sport 1 is the Comfort setting, and the Comfort setting is softer. Then I can drive in Sport 1 most of the time (which would be the factory Comfort setting) and use the Comfort (softer) setting for a bad road.

Gabriel

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Hi
My car is fitted with Airmatic Suspension. I never use Sport 1 or 2 as it is to hard. When driving over a bad piece of road, even the Comfort setting can be too hard. Is there a way for the dealer to reprogram the suspension so that Sport 1 is the Comfort setting, and the Comfort setting is softer. Then I can drive in Sport 1 most of the time (which would be the factory Comfort setting) and use the Comfort (softer) setting for a bad road.

Gabriel
Airmatic suspension adjustments are discrete, it is not possible to program the suspension to be softer. From this document
http://www.mercedestechstore.com/pdfs/W211_advisor/219 HO SAS (ACB-ICC) 07-31-02.pdf
you may find (page 28) that the shocks have two valves, one controls the upwards movement (two positions), the other one controls the downwards movement (two positions). At Comfort setting both are open all the time.

The air spring too has a valve that closes the additional air volume reservoir. Suspension gets harder when the additional reservoir is switched off. Again, this valve is always open in Comfort mode (additional reservoir in use).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts