Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of lowering my CLK, and will be buying some lowering springs soon and lower pads etc.... But I have read many times that people have completely removed the spring pads to get the desired look and height, is this ok to do and dos'nt the coil springs need a rubber pad for the end of the coil to sit in?

Thanks

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am in the process of lowering my CLK, and will be buying some lowering springs soon and lower pads etc.... But I have read many times that people have completely removed the spring pads to get the desired look and height, is this ok to do and dos'nt the coil springs need a rubber pad for the end of the coil to sit in?

Thanks
I think you can... but you don't want to go those extremes, do you?

·
Registered
482 Posts

Thanks
YES...I have it done with no problems.Just make sure that who ever does this for you places the springs nice and perfect on it's perch.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah your right Rashman...but what I Was going to do was just remove the pads and see how she sits first before I bought the lowering springs thats all, because I figured that I will get approx only a 16mm drop from my current pads #5 to the lowest no#1s.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks CLKMAN for the tip , your car is one of the hottest setups have seen!.
So when you said nice and straight on the perch you mean to get the base of the coil sitting in its groove and making sure its vertical upwards.>?

·
Registered
791 Posts
nah your right Rashman...but what I Was going to do was just remove the pads and see how she sits first before I bought the lowering springs thats all, because I figured that I will get approx only a 16mm drop from my current pads #5 to the lowest no#1s.
True, true.
CLK MAN says he hasn't experienced any probs so maybe it's cool.

(I'd be too paranoid about springs that aren't housed properly though!)

Hope you're enjoying your new wheels buddy.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I suspect the ride is rougher without the pads in, but the folks who are running their cars without pads are the ones to talk with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts