Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am intending to get the MB C32 AMG Brakes (front), however, I am not too sure if it does fit into the R171 without any modification. Any advice ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Besides the brakes physically fitting the car, you will have to make sure that both the antilock brake system and ESP are compatible. Do the standard brakes not meet your needs?

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
miroj - 3/8/2005 9:54 AM

slkfans - 3/7/2005 6:32 PM

I am intending to get the MB C32 AMG Brakes (front), however, I am not too sure if it does fit into the R171 without any modification. Any advice ?

Thanks !
Is it possible ... maybe. Why cant you fit the SLK55 brakes ?
The price of the C32 AMG BRAKES (FRONT) is really a steal, approx $750. The SLK 55 AMG brakes (front and rear) is approx $5,500, which is really expensive.

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't fit since the R171 is based out of the W203 chassis anyway, isn't it?

ESP and ABS compatibility shouldn't be a problem either since the electronics should be able to compensate for any discrepancies... plus the SLK55 and SLK350 have different rotors and calipers yet share the same Bosch ESP unit and likely the same ABS. If anything the C32 brakes are intermediary between the SLK350's and SLK55's.

As for fitting inside the wheels, the C32 had 17" wheels standard. I remember someone posting that the SLK350's sport wheels can fit over the SLK55's massive brakes to use as winter wheels. If that's the case, I don't see any problem with the C32's brakes fitting inside SLK350 wheels.

$750 is a great price if they are in good condition. Good luck, I hope the install works out well for you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
$750 is really a good buy! What does it include??? Btw, $5,500 for front and rear is not really that expensive. I think is quite a fair price. Almost to the cost of Brembo. And if u talk about AP racing, the front callipers itself already cost $3k not taking the rotors into effect.

Cheers...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts