Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
1st thank you for taking time to hopefully help.
I removed my radio and cd changer thinking I would put in a dvd,all in one radio,
decide against it and got my code from becker, says wait, then finally code, I enter and just says code again, My problem is I
I did lose the small wire on the cd adapter. (see pic)
not the head unit or the tuner
do
:surrender:I was wondering if the radio can just be plugged into the tuner (amp is fine)
basically bypassing the cd player completely? All help appreciated,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2002 Black SL500, 2000 Azure blue SL500, 2005 Silver (A209) CLK500
998 Posts
In your profile...more info would be nice, as well as in your posting.....what year car? etc....
anyway...what model radio?

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,639 Posts
Yes you can (Early Model ,dont know later) ,you just unplug the Cable from the CD unit and connect it together with the other Cable ,one as far as i can remember stays disconected (CD) .I done that before while my CD Changer was getting Rebuild ,pretty simple to do once you see how it is back there .
Ciao :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More Info , thanks 1993 500 sel

I apoligize, my car is a 1993 500 sel Mercedes Benze.
It has/had a MX3192 cd changer. One long male 9 pin coming from the
head unit to the trunk, Then the disconnected cd changer, the tuner and the amp.
the radio head is plugged back in - 2 small wires that I don't remember if they were connected when the radio was playing, and the tuner to the amp wiring is untouched.
God Bless

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,639 Posts
Same Car like mine then unplug all the cables from the CD Changer ,follow the 8 Din Pin Cable (Grey colour) from it where the Extension is,i dont think that you have to disconect from where the joint is as it should fit as is , plug that into the Tuner.There are 2 Ports i belive that you can ad that Cable try 1 at the time . Done . Enter your Radio Code if there is no Signal and you should be good to go .
Ciao :thumbsup:

BTW: Disconnect all the RED markings i did and replace with the Green .You should have one 8 Din Pin Cable and 1 Powerplug laying underneat the CD Changer now with no use,leading to nowhere .

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ciao thanks!

I'll give her a try in the daylight thanks!!
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts