Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Some of these "orphanages" also get payment from the people who volunteer. That's right, they expect their volunteers to pay to volunteer! So, they're getting money from both ends. A few years ago, I was considering volunteering overseas for a year or two to teach not just English, but also computers. These "companies" working with these "orphanages" expected me to shell out thousands of dollars to do so. Naturally, I wondered why they would do this, so I looked more closely into it and started learning of much of the same abuses that Teutone's video discusses. That was really disillusioning, because these kids genuinely do need help.

Apparently these "companies" and "orphanages" are exploiting and damaging these kids for their own profit. Far as I'm concerned, they oughta be hanged for doing that to kids.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Their government has to play a role in allowing it to happen or at worst they are complicit in allowed it to continue. Who knows where the money gets spread out to ?

How welcome would those filmmakers be if going back again.. ?

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even though officially prohibited, part of this immoral business model appears to be the adoption business.
Offering orphans for adoption and get paid 10k and more a pop for it.

The dastardly deeds that supposedly human beings are capable of always seems to find new and incomprehensible lows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts