Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used 2006 E320 CDI. I am one of those engineers that want my cars perfect in every way, and do all my own service. I bought the car out of state and had a long drive home. I was unhappy with the steering stability. It seemed a bit darty and did not track well. When I got home I discovered the the front camber was too negative. Camber bolts are available for this car, but I could not findinformation about how they were installed etc. The web sites list that the car takes 4. For adjusting camber, only only 2 are required. The part # to order is 000-330-00-18.
The attached photo shows how they are installed.
The car now drives like a dream! The dartiness is gone and it no longer follows the crown of the road.
I suspect any W211 that is 4 years old could benefit from camber bolts.
To install them I used a come-along to pull the lower A arms toward the center of the car before tightening the bolts. You will need to set the TOE-IN after you install the camber bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 C230 Sport
9 Posts
Awesome guys, thanks for the heads up!

I just bought them. I noticed that the bolts are not the same as the camber bolts that im used to seeing. These just have a slit on the side and do not widen when the bolt is screwed in.

Is this part number a replacement for the ones that are originally installed from factory or are these an upgraee to the ones installed?

MB PART: A 000 330 00 18

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,514 Posts
Is this part number a replacement for the ones that are originally installed from factory or are these an upgraee to the ones installed?

Replaces original installed @ production to increase adjustment possibilities (i.e.: correct pulling, etc.) see #200 in diagram.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,135 Posts
I would have to look at my paper work, but I know I got the whole kit.

It appears that 000-330-00-18 is possibly just the bolt. They call it a "shaft" for the control
arm for many of the SL cars. Then one description as a general part calling it a "pin"
on any of the Trade Motion based parts places like parts.com.
It is the bolt that is in the kilt diagram you posted.

·
Banned
2006 E320 CDI
932 Posts
I recently bought a used 2006 E320 CDI. I am one of those engineers that want my cars perfect in every way, and do all my own service. I bought the car out of state and had a long drive home. I was unhappy with the steering stability. It seemed a bit darty and did not track well. When I got home I discovered the the front camber was too negative. Camber bolts are available for this car, but I could not findinformation about how they were installed etc. The web sites list that the car takes 4. For adjusting camber, only only 2 are required. The part # to order is 000-330-00-18.
The attached photo shows how they are installed.
The car now drives like a dream! The dartiness is gone and it no longer follows the crown of the road.
I suspect any W211 that is 4 years old could benefit from camber bolts.
To install them I used a come-along to pull the lower A arms toward the center of the car before tightening the bolts. You will need to set the TOE-IN after you install the camber bolts.
Other two are for torsion arm. It has same setup inside in his bushing like the control arm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just make sure they are located in the slots properly/straight and that you have adjusted them the right way.
Never turn the bolt head when tightening otherwise you will shear the locating pips inside the bush.
More negative camber over time usually means weakened springs (lower) or worn bushes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts