Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a week I've been looking for the answer to my question: what are the correct "stamped" numbers for our vehicles. In this case I am speaking of a 107046. (1983 500SL)

I am familiar with all of the part numbers available on EPC- Thank you Fonzi for collaborating.

I have a 11711 on the passenger bank. One source says that 11710 is for that bank. There is ample information that states the 046, the 420 and 560 motors have the same cams with the exception of high comp ones.

I would guess that Kim and a few others already know the answer and can point me to the right source... or I'm hoping!

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I received an email that may indicate that the above numbers found on the shaft itself may not mean anything to us at all. The number to look for is on the back of the cam itself. Thank you Kim for the info and pics!

You can use a small mirror to reads the stamping on the back of the cam with just the rocker covers removed.
See some cam stamping attached below as an example of what the stampings look like on the back of the cam.
Left cam 24.JPG
M117 Cam Label 2 pic 6.jpg
mini-IMG_0020.JPG

Right cam 25.JPG

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts