Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching 'Top Gear' (Car-TV how in the UK) and saw the Aussie Holden Monaro GTO that Clarkson was test driving, and on the side skirts at the rear near the wheel is the 'GTO' Badge .

So I was thinking I wonder what our cars would look like with the 'Kompressor' badge in the same place on the skirts?

- Too Much perhaps?
- Too amateurish?
- OR maybe you think it would'nt hurt to try and see, and you kinda like the idea?

I know that Rashman has had good results with his Kompressor badge on the front wing and it looks the part, so if anyone could photoshop the 'Kompressor' Badge onto my car, I would be greatly appreciated.!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
I was watching 'Top Gear' (Car-TV how in the UK) and saw the Aussie Holden Monaro GTO that Clarkson was test driving, and on the side skirts at the rear near the wheel is the 'GTO' Badge .

So I was thinking I wonder what our cars would look like with the 'Kompressor' badge in the same place on the skirts?

- Too Much perhaps?
- Too amateurish?
- OR maybe you think it would'nt hurt to try and see, and you kinda like the idea?

I know that Rashman has had good results with his Kompressor badge on the front wing and it looks the part, so if anyone could photoshop the 'Kompressor' Badge onto my car, I would be greatly appreciated.!

Thanks

Hi mate.

I won't be able to help with the Photoshop but I just wanted to let you know (if you didn't already) that the letters of the Kompressor badges that I have put on my side trims come seperately. The badges are not one piece.

With this in mind, the slight curvature on the rear side skirts should not cause you any problems.

However, you might want to note that if you put badges where you are proposing, they are likely to get chipped over time (depending on how and where you drive obviously).

The very back of the side skirts on my car (an area about the size of apple) have lots of very shallow pits in them - presumably from grit kicked up from the front wheels. But don't get me wrong, you can't notice this shit unless you're on your knees up close.

Your cars looking great man by the way.

I never realised that you had a grey interior - it works well with your dark paint!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate.

I won't be able to help with the Photoshop but I just wanted to let you know (if you didn't already) that the letters of the Kompressor badges that I have put on my side trims come seperately. The badges are not one piece.

With this in mind, the slight curvature on the rear side skirts should not cause you any problems.

However, you might want to note that if you put badges where you are proposing, they are likely to get chipped over time (depending on how and where you drive obviously).

The very back of the side skirts on my car (an area about the size of apple) have lots of very shallow pits in them - presumably from grit kicked up from the front wheels. But don't get me wrong, you can't notice this shit unless you're on your knees up close.

Your cars looking great man by the way.

I never realised that you had a grey interior - it works well with your dark paint!

I guess I could always just buy some Kompressor letters from ebay and try it out, but I am hoping some nice person out there can photo shop one for me !? I think the black will make the badge stand out.

Thanks for the kind words on my car.... The interior is a different shade to yours. In fact you know that post I did on 'how the smallest changes make all the difference' etc.. well the car I parked next too was the Avantguarde like yours and it had the blue tint and light grey leather. The Elegance like mine, has a brown tint on the windows and a darker brown tinted leather to match, (Which helps hide the odd spill inside !).

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"..the odd spill.."?!?!

Jesus man - that's outrageous!!

Get it together for fu#ks sake!

:D

hhahahhaha!!!

i KNOW ITS SHOCKING ! how dare I let my standards slip... even if I do have 2 kids ?! they need to be told !

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
by the way were did you get your Kompressor badges from?
My guy at MB ordered them in from Mercedes for me.

They're genuine so you should be able to contact your local MB Parts shop and order some. They were about £25 each, if I remember correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts