Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts
Yeah. That picture really shows lot of front bumper [:D
What you don't like about it? Install brush guard!

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Dan...l also have a 02 ML 55.....can you be a little more specific about what look you are trying to achieve...

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 ML55 amg
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to use the Lorinser front bumper, but I was told that it wouldn't fit the 55. I guess it will not mate up with the stock flares. I don't like the way the stock bumper goes down at the bottom. I was checking into the Brabus bumper to see if that would fit. Got a call into CEC waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
37,836 Posts
Looks, like I have the same thing C-Rod does.
I don't quite understand what is the problem here?
either you like the car, or not? One member here cut on his ML whole front and welded a huge frame for the winch. Not something I would think of doing, but it is his money and his fun.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Kajtek1 - 4/16/2006 9:13 PM

Looks, like I have the same thing C-Rod does.
I don't quite understand what is the problem here?
either you like the car, or not? One member here cut on his ML whole front and welded a huge frame for the winch. Not something I would think of doing, but it is his money and his fun.
To each his own... [;)]

Nice looking truck buddy.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Kajtek1 --

Might just be my crazy eyes, but you have two different types of rims...

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
ttaleric - 4/16/2006 9:31 PM

Kajtek1 --

Probably can't make up his mind.[:p] The rims both look good, but the one in the rear looks better.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,847 Posts
ttaleric - 4/16/2006 8:31 PM

Kajtek1 --

They are different. I did a double take and then read your post and that confirmed it. I wonder if there are two entirely different ones on the other side. That way it be a rolling showroom for the Tire Rack.[:D]

Just teasing you Kajtek1.[;)]

·
Registered
2002 ML55 amg
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm just looking to see if anyone has changed their front bumper. I'm just looking for something more sporty, not off-road type. I want the Lorinser bumper but I guess it won't fit. Looking to see if the Brabus one will fit. I guess it's not easy to change just the front bumper...they want you to do the whole body kit.

·
Registered
2002 ML55 amg
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My first choice is the Carlsson, but since I have an ML55 AMG I guess I have to first replace the stock AMG bumper to a ML320/ML430 model year 99-01 bumper to fit any of these bumpers, because none of them will fit on the Amg bumper. I am willing to do that, but I'm not sure how it will mate with the fender flares.

This is the look I want:

Attachments

·
Registered
Brabus ML 270CDI
1,904 Posts
Dan,

Those pics I sent you showed the side fittings, which can be adjusted so that the bumper cover sides slightly protrude to match up perfectly to the flares.

·
Registered
37,836 Posts
ttaleric - 4/16/2006 6:31 PM

Kajtek1 --

Yeah. I bought 22" wheels, before "new" ML55 arrived, so I took my time to test them, before switching to full sets.
The 22" definitelly look better in the eyes of all people, that have seen them, but just like some members here say, it is all in the eyes of beholder.
The ride comfort has suffered, so the looks aren't everything.

·
Registered
37,836 Posts
Dan_2002_ML55 - 4/18/2006 12:13 PM

This is the look I want:
That looks good, but being realistic as much as I am, can't help to not notice, that the picture was taken from about 3' level.
So how many people (besides you) are going to go on their knees in front of your car to notice the difference?

·
Registered
2002 ML55 amg
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pleubner - 4/18/2006 4:21 PM

Dan,

Those pics I sent you showed the side fittings, which can be adjusted so that the bumper cover sides slightly protrude to match up perfectly to the flares.
Thanks pleubner, you've been a big help.

·
Registered
1999 ML430, 2006 LORINSER CLS500, 2001 Honda Accord Coupe, 2005 Yamaha R1 Raven
297 Posts
front skirt from WALD

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts