Registered
1983 240D
27 Posts
her is picture.....

http://img.eautopartscatalog.com/live/N105070213JUR.JPG

and her is dicription

Select Brand

will this work for my 83 240D?
and is there any specialty tools i would need to rebuild my caliper?
I don't know exactly what part number I used, but I took off the Aceves calipers and put on much less worn Bendix calipers from a junkyard. I rebuilt the bendix calipers with a kit that looks just like your picture.

I didn't use any special tools, so I had to be a little creative with C-clamps and use the brake pads to push and hold the pistons in. Undoubtedly would have been faster with specialized tools. I work slow - spent a few hours on the job.

bleeding the brakes was fun when I put it all back together. I didn't understand bench bleeding at first. have to bench bleed first. Eventually got it all figured out.

now that they have new seals and pads, the braking power is awesome. Makes me wonder what how much better it will feel after I put in a working brake booster :) (or, more likely, turn my junkyard project into a parts car for a nicer 123 that already has a working brake booster)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oo see i was thinking of buying offline, cause usually places dont have parts for my 240D. and its only 8 dollars online, and different website where as much as 30. how much did you rebuild kit end up being?

·
Registered
1983 240D
27 Posts
oo see i was thinking of buying offline, cause usually places dont have parts for my 240D. and its only 8 dollars online, and different website where as much as 30. how much did you rebuild kit end up being?
sorry can't remember. I just do that kind of repair and pay cash for the little gaskets and stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts