Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300TD '85 Kalifornistani
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the MB number for the upper turbo oil line, and to make it more difficult: it's '85 Californian version. (so it's not A 617 180 09 27)
Mine has a small hole in it. For now I stop the leak, but I'd better be sure.
Thanks

·
Registered
1985 300DT 230k w/two tank veggie conversion and 50k on WVO/1996 E300D 150k 32MPG mixed driving
142 Posts
I wouldn't bother replacing the whole thing unless it is really disintegrating, jsut clean off real well and use JB weld to repair, else you better order the upper and lower o-rings/gaskets that fit on the tube along with a new oil pan gasket as you will ahve to remove that as well to replace the tube and its seals, oh yeah and the gasket that links to the manifold, as you need to remove that as well to get at it, I thingk, did the o-rings a while ago on mine to stop the leaks from the old gaskets. Actually it is a lot easier to di this on a CA model than another turbo model whcih requires you to loosen up the turbo and exhaust manifold as well to get at everything.

·
Registered
77 240d, 02 Ford F250 V10 (7mpg), 05 GMC Denali (The Baby Hauler), 2000 BMW 323CI (was my Bros car)
817 Posts
Are you talking about the one that goes from the turbo to the the oil filter housing? If so I see them all the time at pick your part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts