Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I just purchased my first MB, a 2000 CLK 320 and so far I have been very happy with it. I have two questions that I did search for but didn't find the exact information that I needed:

1. It looks like I have the "California Version". How is that different than the US version? or is it?

2. With regard to ipod integration and bluetooth. I have the COMAND system with the navigation and all that. Im not an audiophile so "perfect" sound is not my goal, just to play my ipod and make calls through the system. Would most of you recommend installing the Gateway 500 with the bluetooth module or installing something like the Pioneer system? I have the Bose option on the car. I know the Gateway is about $600. I dont know what kind of cash I would be looking at to go to the Pioneer and I would like to keep my steering wheel controls.

Sorry to be so lengthy, just trying to get some questions answered.

Drez

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the profile, I have it filled out now.

I saw the "California Version" reference when I plugged in my VIN at the Russian MB Club website.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey Drez, here is what I know:

1) I've been researching CLKs for a while and haven't heard of a California version. Only think I can think it might be is something to do with the emissions due to CA standards.

2) I haven't heard of anyone keeping their steering wheel controls with an aftermarket head unit. There are companies that claim to have adapters but I've never seen anyone on these boards saying they were able to make them work. I have an extra iPod integration kit from DICE that's the same one I have in my 2000 CLK. It works great, provides steering wheel controls to change songs, etc., and charges the iPod. Just like having a 2000 song CD changer. Send me a PM if you are interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts