Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i guys i have a 2002 clk430 cabriolet.. and the top is not working... i think is something with the hydrolic or the motor... because the headrest stoped working so they dont move.. all i can hear is a clicking sound when i press up or down..
when i try the top i hear a clicking sound too. and the lights dims a lil bit like its wants to go but notting happens..

does anybody know where the plastic hydrolic container for the roof-top is.

plz guys help me on this big problem im going :eek: crazy

·
Registered
CLK 430 Cabriolet
90 Posts
What's up man? I have sort of the same issues as you do.

The hydraulic resevoir is in the trunk behind the carpeted wall that covers the firewall and support beams in your car.

so what you have to do is open your trunk manually and with the tools you have to lock and unlock your top open the convertible top where your back window is up and the soft top compartment is up. It's easier to get to this way.

Next take of the carpet covering around the back firewall and you will see some bolts that uncovers where the hydraulic pump sits. Mercedes sells the hydraulic fluid for $22. Add it in to the fill level. The pump automatically purges air in the line, so there's no need to bleed. At least that's what they told me.

Hopefully, that works for you because the hydraulic pump if broken cost $2,940.00 and some of the hydraulics used to lift the top and put it in place cost $545.00 each. You may want to have the hydraulic system checked to see if something in the hydraulic system is leaking. My hydraulic cylinder latch for the rear window was leaking causing my pump to empty of fluid just enough where the top will not go up or down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts