Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been helping a fellow Cabriolet owner over on the other board who was having trouble getting the rear bow latch to unlock. The system had hydraulic fluid, but a malfunction in the controller and/or one of the microswitches prevented the top system from unlocking the rear bow latch. Unfortunately, there is no good mechanical way to unlock this latch which is a critical step in the troubleshooting process since most of the electro-hydraulic valves and microswitches one might need to access to fix the problem are located under the hard tonneau. So I put together the attached "manual" method to release the rear bow latch and also unlatch and raise the hard tonneau. I hope someone finds it helpful at some point.

- FD

Attachments

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I've been helping a fellow Cabriolet owner over on the other board who was having trouble getting the rear bow latch to unlock. The system had hydraulic fluid, but a malfunction in the controller and/or one of the microswitches prevented the top system from unlocking the rear bow latch. Unfortunately, there is no good mechanical way to unlock this latch which is a critical step in the troubleshooting process since most of the electro-hydraulic valves and microswitches one might need to access to fix the problem are located under the hard tonneau. So I put together the attached "manual" method to release the rear bow latch and also unlatch and raise the hard tonneau. I hope someone finds it helpful at some point.

- FD
Change your name to Peabody ! Hahahahahah
Where's Sherman ?

·
Registered
525 Posts
While I hope to not need this, ever, it is great that you have put together something so clear and well illustrated. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Zeitgeist
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing