Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched here, I've searched EPC.. What is the part number for the interior cabin temperature sensor (located in the dash between center vents). I broke mine while replacing center vent actuator

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok I've been working a little more and testing. Question if my interior temperature sensor looks like: 2011-11-21 21.54.26.jpg
how will my ACC operate? I tried to do some testing and it seemed like the blower would only turn on in defrost and bi-level. This wasn't happening before I broke the sensor, atleast I don't think it was. Here is a picture of the dash grill just for the sake of completeness. 2011-11-21 21.54.53.jpg
2011-11-21 21.54.41.jpg
I've been researching the "foam hose" that disintegrates over time I am not sure how this was connected to the tube that leads down to the kick panel area, but it appears that it made use of some sort of coupler that was made of foam. Anyhow, I traced it down to the kick panel and found where it was connected via a three way orifice (temp sensor, kick panel, blower inlet) which I believe regulates the amount of airflow past the cabin sensor. Well I found another broken part 2011-11-21 21.55.22.jpg
This connects the three way to the kick panel. Does anyone know if this is available or should I just tape it up and call it good? Still looking for P/N on Temp sensor as well

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok just so the information is out there, I believe I found the part numbers I was looking for:

Inside temperature sensor: A 123 830 05 72
Hose; Air blast nozzle breather fitting: A 123 832 08 88

EPC has the white plastic piece listed as:Thermostat Temperature sensor; on instrument panel. P/N A 126 835 00 79. This doesn't seem to be the correct description

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the site and I had been looking for this sensor part number and found this post which is exactly what happened to me. Just want to say thanks for the info and now I just have to find a place to buy it from. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
16,161 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the site and I had been looking for this sensor part number and found this post which is exactly what happened to me. Just want to say thanks for the info and now I just have to find a place to buy it from. :thumbsup:
Hello and welcome! I'm glad you found what you need. :thumbsup:

Some of the items are commonly replaced units so you can purchase them through online parts stores. Germanstar.net is a sponsored site. Another good site is performanceproducts4benz.com. A lot of the folks purchase from autohausaz.com but not all of the parts you'll need are available. Special order items like this may be available only at your dealer or the junkyard (good used ones).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello and welcome! I'm glad you found what you need. :thumbsup:

Some of the items are commonly replaced units so you can purchase them through online parts stores. Germanstar.net is a sponsored site. Another good site is performanceproducts4benz.com. A lot of the folks purchase from autohausaz.com but not all of the parts you'll need are available. Special order items like this may be available only at your dealer or the junkyard (good used ones).
I appreciate the help! I'm going to check them out right now. I got my car as a gift a while ago and the previous owner didn't take much care of it so now I've decided I am going to keep it and restore it to a good condition. These web sites you just told ought to help me a lot because there are a lot of parts broken and missing on my car. Thank you and I hope I can help others too as I do things on my own and relate my experiences. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts