Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes ML350 4-Matic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is interested I was going to replace my cabin air filters on my 2008 ML350 via the Glove Box Removal way (Yikes) but I realized there is also access via the engine bay so I went for it and it worked out for me.
Not so bad at all. It is quite tricky though and some "forcing" of the second right-side filter part was needed but once in place it mostly straightened out and was fine. Any crunching was right against the side so still tight.

Mercedes OEM Part#: 164 830 0218 64 (Total of two pieces in box)

Pics are attached (Click to enlarge):

Attachments

Reactions: Jim-ML320W164

·
Registered
2006 ML 320 CDI
253 Posts
nice pics!

This is acutally the standard way that MB workshops do the change. You can imagine how less time consuming it is after a few trys. This way they can charge 30minutes for filter change, but it takes them less than 5! Anyway, thanks for the post.

·
Registered
2009 ML320 Bluetec
55 Posts
In case anyone is interested I was going to replace my cabin air filters on my 2008 ML350 via the Glove Box Removal way (Yikes) but I realized there is also access via the engine bay so I went for it and it worked out for me.
Not so bad at all. It is quite tricky though and some "forcing" of the second right-side filter part was needed but once in place it mostly straightened out and was fine. Any crunching was right against the side so still tight.

Mercedes OEM Part#: 164 830 0218 64 (Total of two pieces in box)

Pics are attached (Click to enlarge):

Nice and informative post. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 ML 350
33 Posts
GREAT POST. I did it the way you described, and it took 10 min. I skipped the 1st step and just removed the the clips, and then installed the filters. Worked great. I also installed the engine filters following the DIY section, and that took 20 mins.

·
Registered
'06 CLK 350 Conv, '07 ML350
5 Posts
Outstanding

Used this quick replacement method and it worked very well. The minor disfiguring, by forcing of the right filter (after initial placement of the left filter), quickly re-established its factory shape with little encouragement by me. Entire process took < 5 min. including wiping off of dust from intake side of duct work with Lysol "Crisp Linen".

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Great post..............

How often should they be changed ??? Every 2 years ??????

·
Registered
2006/ML350
210 Posts
If you want to save some $ for a good steak dinner, check out and try this DIY.
I did this before I deployed...easy, peasy.

·
Registered
2013 ML350 4Matic, 2011 ML350 Bluetec (blown engine), 2009 SLK 350, and 2003 SLK 230 (>210K miles)
194 Posts
Bluetec (Diesel Engine)

Does anybody know how to remove the air filters on the ML350 Bluetec engine? This is quite a bit different from the regular gas engine. The air filter boxes are mounted on the side of the engine block and don't look easy to take off. :eek:

·
Registered
2008 ML 350 4MATIC W164 Gas VIN: Last 7 Digit: A308649
114 Posts
Does anybody know how to remove the air filters on the ML350 Bluetec engine? This is quite a bit different from the regular gas engine. The air filter boxes are mounted on the side of the engine block and don't look easy to take off. :eek:
I am not sure if Bluetec is diff. than regular ML350 but have your tried this Video ?

I believe it should be the same..

·
Registered
His 2013 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Hers 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Kids 2010 "4Matic" Impreza
334 Posts
Diesel is totally different from that video. You start by removing partitions in the firewall to gain access to the air cleaner boxes. Not a hard job, but would recommend getting instructions from startekinfo.com.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.