Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 E300DT (RIP) 2001 E55
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the interior/cabin fan started fluctuating in speed and then would become intermittent, sometimes not going over %50 of top speed.

BLOWER MOTOR REGULATOR was what popped into my mind as well as the associated DIY published in another forum detailing the use of an older regulator from a W140 model that can be adapted to our W210's due to a part redesign.

So I popped the lower interior fan fanel and BEHOLD, my build date of 6/99 already had the updated part!! WOO-HOO! No splicing/crimping/soldering, just a simple R&R.

So I find an AFTERMARKET regulator on eBay for $57 shipped. Installed it,,,and...the fan doesn't turn off. Put the old Behr OEM one in and it turns off...just doesn't go past %50 speed...

The Seller has a %100 Feedback Rating so I'm optomistic in being able to return it. My OEM Behr from AutohausAZ was shipped this afternoon:eek:

Lesson learned.

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes-Benz 420 SEL(RIP),1997 Mercedes-Benz E420
1,936 Posts
If theres one thing I've realized since being in this forum its that people have good days, and bad days... you sir have had a good day. Congrats.

Keep Murphy's Law in the back of your mind and you'll always be prepared...sorta speak lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts