Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read all the posts I could find regarding, and still need some help.

When car is turned on and air con is activated, the cabin fan blows at high speed. Heat and air work, but fan still blowing full on. When a/c is turned off, fan continues blowing. When car is turned off, fan continues to blow and cabin air doors open to allow outside air to blow through fan. Pulling 30 amp breaker(M2 blower control) turns off fan.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Casey Albert

·
Greek God of the R129
SL500-500SEL-190E
8,391 Posts
CK relay, burned or something is feeding it.

Regards,
aam.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks aam. I have read many of your posts regarding this type issue. I have WIS and Mitchell on demand, but not very adept at using either I guess as I haven't had many issues with this vehicle. I am trying to find the location of the blower relays. I opened the box aft of the fuse box, where there appear to be 4 small relays and two 6 inch long black boxes where magic occurs. This car does not have the small compartment behind the brake booster. I am quite certain this problem started in the rain, but it has only worsened from intermittent to continuous. Thanks for your assistance.
Casey Albert

·
Greek God of the R129
SL500-500SEL-190E
8,391 Posts
Look at the small five relays, starting from the back of the car is #.

A.
B.
C. Relay K9/1, fan stage one low speed/ your magic.
D. Relay K10, fan stage two, hi speed.
E.

I got it, you don't have the fifth one. Lol.

Keep looking you will find a small box with two 30 amp fuses or you may not have
one.

Our cars have run for 12 years, with many changes.

Your location is important to know where you are.
I suspect that you located in the area that drives on the wrong side?

The info is for our side......or maybe your side too? Ha ha.

Regards,
aam.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1997 SL600 Brilliant Silver Sport with grey/dark metal interior, 234K miles
1,977 Posts
My fan regulator pooped out this year just like you describe. Fan kept running on high even after switching the car off.

Until you replace the regulator, unplug the 3-prong regulator connection by the brake power booster. Replacing the regulator isn't too difficult.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts