Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pls help, its anyone knows where its located the ac ir filter (carbon activated)?? because my B200 turbo 07 smells rare whithout the ac "on" its not regular smell only when i acelarate to pass another vehicle, in the MB service toldme i need to change the cabin air filter and clean de air vents (like 90 usd), but after the told me who i need to change the carbon activated ac ir filter bla bla in 300 usd, it seems to me to much for the diference, so in a mean time I like to clean it at least i have more $ to make the change..
i will be apreciated to some help whit this :bowdown:

·
Registered
GLK350 2011 Gone, B200 Turbo CVT 2009 Gone, GL320 CDI 2008, B200 Turbo CVT 2006 Gone
354 Posts
yes you need to replace the filter and desinfect the system. I had the same problem on both of our B classes. Specially when you parkyour car outside overnight or drive in a lot of rain. If the filter still looks good or is new just desinfect the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pls help, its anyone knows where its located the ac ir filter (carbon activated)?? because my B200 turbo 07 smells rare whithout the ac "on" its not regular smell only when i acelarate to pass another vehicle, in the MB service toldme i need to change the cabin air filter and clean de air vents (like 90 usd), but after the told me who i need to change the carbon activated ac ir filter bla bla in 300 usd, it seems to me to much for the diference, so in a mean time I like to clean it at least i have more $ to make the change..
i will be apreciated to some help whit this :bowdown:
Tks friend i was imaginating that but did you know were de AC filter its located, im not talking from de cabin filter...

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Filter, or receiver/dryer?

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
You mean the air conditioning components? Someone with the WIS could show the parts and numbers.

·
Registered
W123 '83 200, W210 '98 E200K, W212 '13 E350
1,842 Posts
Ressurecting thread...

Cabin filters - I guess some cars have the filters available with and without activated charcoal/carbon I guess for some to save money. Do our B's come with carbon filters from factory?

Where you guys/gals getting them? Any place other than dealer?

·
Registered
W123 '83 200, W210 '98 E200K, W212 '13 E350
1,842 Posts
Wow nice on the second one...I'll see if that's a carbon filter if I can find out. The first one I just found cuz I saved that site under favorites. Thank you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
508 Posts
How do you know when it needs replacing?

Mine was dusty and bits of leaves in it, which I tapped out.

It was medium gray colour. Assuming that's charcoal. It is a Valeo brand.

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
8,504 Posts
They should be good for ~ 48,000 kms,.. if you're not driving an excessive amount on dirt or dusty roads. Removing it and checking for bugs or leaves is a good idea that I also do ~ once a year.

I also vacuum the tiny bits out from the side of the air filter that collects the leaves etc.. .

I also vacuum the inner box that holds the filter in place and then I use a wet cloth to wipe down that same inner box area and all inner surfaces that hold the filter. Sometimes a fair amount of grit can collect in the bottom in that filter housing..(maybe I'm too fussy)

·
Registered
2014 B250
23 Posts
The charcoal filter for the B is one of the best OEM filter I have found. I have some sensitivity to certain exhaust fumes in traffic. This is the best one I have found to reduce the problem. Fortunately I don't have to go to the city often. When I do I need to put a new filter in before I go. Rarely do I get more than 1 to 2 months out of one before it can have an effect on my breathing. On removal it would probably be good for someone else for at least a year. Changing them this often I can drive by a squashed skunk and the odour is barely noticeable. Outside the car it would be very smelly. For most people the recommended change I believe is 1 to 2 years for a filter. Best way to determine if it needs to be changed is if you find the odours to you unacceptable or the filter looks excessively dirty (ie you see a lot of leaves or dirt on it).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts