Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML 320
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been reading post after post about cabin air filters...and i keep getting linked to wolfgangs pic of horror! [the leaves...the dirtiness [xx(]]

anyhow...i've finally found the bosch cabin air filter for a very very reasonable price at importec.com but i got a little confused with their request for 'chassis type' ? ive been flipping through all the different ones and their part number seems to all be:

R2060-138189

but on wolfgang's page...it said bosch's part number is c3788 ?

i want to change mine out..but just want to make sure im ordering the right part...

FYI all the different chassis [maybe someone understands it better?]

Chassis: -A-145272
Chassis: -X-707755
Chassis: A-145273-
Chassis: X-707756-

side note...ive been trying to locate my MAF because i wanted to clean it to possibly prolong its life? no post actually describes where to find it...just what to clean it with [electro static something or other] ...if any of you guys happen to know a link...a DIY..or could just describe where i can find it..and a product to clean it...id be quite greatful.]

thanks in advance [:D]

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
@nimit, here are the installation instructions from Bosch for the M-Class (pdf):

http://aa.bosch.de/aa/en/static/produkte/filter/innenraum/einbau/mercedes/m-klasse/m-klasse-xx-a-041998.pdf

Your's should be the first version of the filter, for a VIN number below 150,000 or so from Vance. A stands for Vance and X for the Graz built M-Classes.

·
Registered
1999 ML 320
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the prompt reply wolfgang [:D]

but the thing is all part numbers seem to be identical? is it just my retarded reading skills? heheh btw...you wouldnt happen to know the location of the MAF sensor would ya?

one last Q...was the bosch filter i found..the carbon filter ? or not?

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
@nimit, seems the Bosch filter fits both the earlier and later models whereas some of the other filters do not, that's why the listing is split. The Bosch filter should include carbon unless they changed something recently. The MAF sensor is on top of the engine and attached to the air intake.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts