Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello Unimogers
I intend to copy the MB ram for size and maybe build them only 1 way with a safety rope to bring it back down
so still the 1860 mm long .
Thank you for the interest and i am already counting to see if we can make a production run .
Cheers
Urs
Ps will keep you posted on test and build of these rams .

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Have you been able to source a multi-stage ram?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi all
The interest in the Cab lifting ram is getting better by the day .
In the New Year i will work out the cost of the ram and try to find some Hand pumps .
If anyone has some connection or knows where to get the Hand pumps let me know .
Thank you All for the interest and help
Cheers
Urs

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Ben
It is great that you have the details of where we can get the pumps , as i do not want to get them from flea bay .
I will PM you for the details
Merry Christmas and a great new Year
Urs

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
No worries Urs. Pump specs are as follows

Pumps can be had in either single or double acting and work in a vertical or horizontal mounted position

12cm/3 @380Bar
25cm/3 @350Bar
45cm/3 @280Bar

I have two factory cab tilt setups if you need dimensions photos etc.

Merry Xmas

Cheers
Ben

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would be too scared to try a hilift jack for lifting the cab.

I did a post a couple of years back on making a screw jack type of cab lift, which was pretty easy to knock up, works well, and safe from the point of view that the screw mechanism can't fail like a hydraulic seal giving way. It uses the mog jacking points.

The higher up you jack the cab, the less load on the jack too. I initially made a short (first stage lift) and long one (second stage), but now have an intermediate one which is fine for most times, and is field friendly...esp when using the battery drill.

Attachments

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
About this Discussion
74 Replies
28 Participants
jplassy
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing