Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 300E, 87 300TE & 406 Mog
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I finally got a cab for my very rusty 406 , thanks to Von and Stuntmog,
its looking better already even if the front axle is still out, should be back on all fours within the next month, so we had to find a use for the old remains, my 2 yo son was distraught that we cut it up so now he has a mini mog to play in, had to tek screw a go-kart wheel in for him to steer with tho, haha

Attachments

·
Registered
unimog 406
402 Posts
its looking better already even if the front axle is still out, should be back on all fours within the next month, so we had to find a use for the old remains, my 2 yo son was distraught that we cut it up so now he has a mini mog to play in, had to tek screw a go-kart wheel in for him to steer with tho, haha
you are getting my memories i was in this stage about 3 years ago so good luck with your restoration let me know if i can be some kind of help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Non MB 1975 Volvo C304, 1958 Kramer U540, 1959 unimog Westfalia 411
1,381 Posts
Very kind gesture, A gentleman and stellar machinist.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got to drive my mog for the first time, it was only to do a 3 point turn to make some space in my yard but hey I drove it

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
prob plastic, cant afford to ship a set on steel one over here, other thing is I am using my drum brake rims on disc axles which looks freakin awsome by adding almost 8" to the track, seeing I wont ever be carrying a load it shouldnt be a problem, future plan is to make cab a DIY DOKA and stretch it myself, keep it orange and the case decals, so it will be a bit different, cant say Ive seen a case DOKA

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,823 Posts
That might be because they never made one?

The case stripes do look sharp, a industrial take on the early 70's chrysler strobe stripes.

If you did make a doka out of it, wrapping the stripe around the back would look very cool.

·
Registered
1982 416 Doka
335 Posts
Does this mean you will change your login name?? no more rustymog?:D

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
In honor of your proposed doka project I've taken it upon me to do some drawing but I need some reference from you or anyone else with a Case still sporting the stripes. I need to know how tall the stripe is so I can scale it correctly.

And if anyone with a doka (you know who you are) can measure up the distance from the front of the front door to the rear of the cab, I can get a nice pattern laid in. Might even buzz it out on the router at work tomorrow becasue hey everyone needs an waxed mahogany case logo, right?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
So after monkeying with the factory Case logo a bit I decided to edit it a tad. One of the issues I've had is the fact that the "tread blocks" that the case script is cut from are not equalized, the other is lack of dynamics.

So I solved those issues to my liking. What do you guys think?

Rusty, if you do stretch it, does it become an MB4/94/4? :D

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts