Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Mercedes-Benz S420 / 2012 Mercedes-Benz GL450
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm Florida resident and bought a car in California. I took a car loan so the title holds Bank of America. Car is registered and insured in California.
I'd like to register the car in Florida. Looks easy thing.
Before I'm posting this post, I was in my bank, also in DMV to ask about it.
Florida DMV will want to see the title, title has California BoA. I'm hoping CA BoA can send the title to FL BoA or I don't know how they do that.
Do you know somebody more about this transfer? Will they even let me transfer it? I think they must.
Thank you

·
Registered
1999 E430; 2005 ML500
1,598 Posts
Normally it works like this:
1. Buy car, obtaining the signed-over title and a bill of sale
2a. If buying form a dealer, tell him you want to register and title it in FL, with BoA lien holder, which he will know if you gave him a draft from the loan
2b. If doing it yourself, take the old title to FL DMV, get it titled with the lien holder being Boa

Otherwise, it sounds like this:

1. If the out-of-state title is currently in the possession of an out-of-state lienholder, you must contact the lienholder to request that the title be transferred to Florida.”

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normally it works like this:
1. Buy car, obtaining the signed-over title and a bill of sale
2a. If buying form a dealer, tell him you want to register and title it in FL, with BoA lien holder, which he will know if you gave him a draft from the loan
2b. If doing it yourself, take the old title to FL DMV, get it titled with the lien holder being Boa

Otherwise, it sounds like this:

1. If the out-of-state title is currently in the possession of an out-of-state lienholder, you must contact the lienholder to request that the title be transferred to Florida.”

·
Registered
'98 S500, '99 S420 etc.
87 Posts
No, banks giving loans on cars 2012 and newer. Sorry I asked this question in this section because I'm getting answers here. In GL section no.
I figured it was something like that. Maybe they're too busy working to make the money needed to pay their car notes over there in GL land to answer questions. Drive an older car, slow down and enjoy life, or something like that.

·
Premium Member
1999 S600 & 1999 S500
849 Posts
Wow! Banks still loaning on 21 year old (or older) cars? Good to know.
No, banks giving loans on cars 2012 and newer. Sorry I asked this question in this section because I'm getting answers here. In GL section no.
With excellent credit, you can get a loan on anything. USAA gave me a loan on my 1999 which I bought in 2014, so it was 15 years old. Was about a 4% loan. Kept my money in the market.
Petrfin, you will have to pay the sales tax difference over what you paid in California when you transfer to Florida. If you have the FL tag from a previous vehicle you owned, then you can transfer it and save $100 for a new tag.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason why I wanted to transfer it, is because I just received CA registration renewal and it's so expensive here. It's $260, in Florida I'm paying I think 40 bucks for the another car (W140). I guess I'll pay the CA renewal now. I know the transfer would cost more but after that, the renewals in Florida are cheaper.

·
Premium Member
'97 CL600
2,895 Posts
Now you see why sane people and businesses are fleeing Kaliforniastan in droves. There are about 230 different tax proposals in the State now.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Now you see why sane people and businesses are fleeing Kaliforniastan in droves. There are about 230 different tax proposals in the State now.
I like this state, something is more expensive but something not. Gas was more in Florida and living in Key West is higher also. Min. wage was there 5 dollars, here 13. California is beautiful state.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts