Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SL 55 AMG
98 Posts
We had a very good experience with Dieter's in downtown San Diego. We were out for a trade show recently and were using our son's C230 when it died on us at a light, ended up needing to get towed. The tow truck driver (an older gentleman, nice guy) said he was glad to see we had elected to go to Dieter's (we chose it because it was the closest) because it was one of the shops that he knew treated people fairly.

We ended up needing to get a rental car, and they went out of their way (pulled a favor with a rental agency and got us a very reasonably priced rental on 1 hour notice) to get us a rental - seems that Toyota had snapped up virtually every rental car in the San Diego area. Anyway, great people, and I can recommend them.

Phil

·
Registered
222 Posts
Anyone try Black Forest in Clairemont or All German Auto in Escondido?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Body shop recomendations?

Hi, I'm wondering if any one has a body shop recommendation in Sa Diego? Some one backed into our 05 and put a quarter size dent in the hood, just above the grill.

Paint is broken, so I'm thinking its more than a simple paintless dent repair. I don't know if this one will go to the insurance company yet either, so value might come in to play as well.

TIA,

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi, I'm wondering if any one has a body shop recommendation in Sa Diego? Some one backed into our 05 and put a quarter size dent in the hood, just above the grill.

Paint is broken, so I'm thinking its more than a simple paintless dent repair. I don't know if this one will go to the insurance company yet either, so value might come in to play as well.

TIA,
Amato's in Sorrento Valley. Considered one of the best.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts

·
Registered
1981 300D, 1967 VW BUG
24 Posts
Tin's Autobody on Morena Blvd(they're actually located in the alley). Small shop but do good work at very reasonable prices. Read about them on Yelp.com

·
Registered
1996 Mercedes C36 ///AMG
237 Posts
anybody for all german auto in escondido?
i like the look of them and they seem tlike they know what theyre doing but i would like a review or a vouch for them befroe i go

·
Registered
2001 S430, 2001 M5
155 Posts
I'll second Southbay Autohaus in Chula Vista (just behind the DMV)- see Rick (SM / owner)- He's always taken good care of me with my 1997 W210 and now my 220- in fact, he's talked me OUT of spending money on more than one occaision! Nice lounge, good coffee, and a cool indoor showroom of classic MB's for sale! Cool. :cool:

·
Registered
2004 E320 & E55 AMG
1,239 Posts
I'll second Southbay Autohaus in Chula Vista (just behind the DMV)- see Rick (SM / owner)- He's always taken good care of me with my 1997 W210 and now my 220- in fact, he's talked me OUT of spending money on more than one occaision! Nice lounge, good coffee, and a cool indoor showroom of classic MB's for sale! Cool. :cool:
That's what I'm talking about for a simple A/B Service. They are awesome and friendly!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mackhack, you're coming down to my part of town, Chula Vista, for your service. Is Heinz Gietz in La Jolla the best place to get Mercedes dealer warranty service work?

·
Registered
2004 E320 & E55 AMG
1,239 Posts
Mackhack, you're coming down to my part of town, Chula Vista, for your service. Is Heinz Gietz in La Jolla the best place to get Mercedes dealer warranty service work?
Hey there,

I never went to him but for A/B service I went to Chula Vista. 180 out the door is a good deal. I didn't even need an appointment. Called, they said come down within the hour and we take care of it. 1 hr later I was done. Had a nice chat with the girl at the reception and talked to the owner for a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All German Auto Escondido

I can vouch for All German Auto in Escondido.

I've been driving Mercedes for about 15 years now. And after buying the first one I had an eye awakening experience. Having bought it at the dealership I went to buy an accessory. While waiting for them to pull the item from stock and pay for it I saw a young couple waiting anxiously only to be told they need the legendary head gasket job and the repair will be $5K. Then I went to stand in line to pay for my accessory and the lady in front of me was being shown page after page of her repair bill. It totaled $7K. She turned and looked at me and said, "And I only thought I needed an oil change."

After that experience I always do my research. Over the years I have seen quite a few repair shops across Southern California and All German is the best of them all. They are conscientious in keeping costs down. I haven't seen were they have tried to do an up-sell. Rumor is they are being considered by Mercedes as an authorized service center.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Authorized service centers in San Diego

Does anybody know which shops are factory authorized service centers (other than MB of SD), near San Diego? Heinz Gietz? What about the place in La Mesa?

I can't do MB of SD anymore...just can't. I'm willing to drive a little farther if it means not going to MB of SD.

TIA,

Matt.

·
Registered
2004 E320 & E55 AMG
1,239 Posts
Does anybody know which shops are factory authorized service centers (other than MB of SD), near San Diego? Heinz Gietz? What about the place in La Mesa?

I can't do MB of SD anymore...just can't. I'm willing to drive a little farther if it means not going to MB of SD.

TIA,

Matt.
Again, go to Hoehn in Carlsbad. They are not PENSKE. They are family owned and you get threated like a human being. Friendly and best of all helpful. They don't up sell at all. They do what needs to be done, not more not less. You can even ask for discounts. Before my personal VIP (long story) treatment started I constantly said that I won't pay this bill unless they give me at least 25% discount on the entire bill. I promised them that I will come back and I always did, except for the A/B services which I'll do at Southbay Autohaus in Chula Vista.

Bottom line was, I always got my discounts and my car washed and cleaned inside and out on top of it.

Give them a try.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Again, go to Hoehn in Carlsbad. They are not PENSKE. They are family owned and you get threated like a human being. Friendly and best of all helpful. They don't up sell at all. They do what needs to be done, not more not less. You can even ask for discounts. Before my personal VIP (long story) treatment started I constantly said that I won't pay this bill unless they give me at least 25% discount on the entire bill. I promised them that I will come back and I always did, except for the A/B services which I'll do at Southbay Autohaus in Chula Vista.

Bottom line was, I always got my discounts and my car washed and cleaned inside and out on top of it.

Give them a try.
Ok, thanks. They're a little far though, which is my only hesitation. I just can't get over the fact that MB of SD wants $99 per diagnosis and won't tell you if its under warranty unitl after they look into the problem.

Do they have a loaner car program? What does it cost? What is Hoen's hourly labor rate?

21 - 40 of 99 Posts